Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Sound editor
Sound editor
Aug 30 2010, 4:38 am
By: Dabbu  

Aug 30 2010, 4:38 am Dabbu Post #1



In the map I've had to make the camera elevation quite high, as a result unit sound effects are not audible because they are too far away. I'm trying to fix his by editing the sounds.
I thought that making them 2D or 3D Head Relative would ignore the Z coordinate, however all these do is make the sounds audible no matter where the player has panned the camera to on the map.

So I have to use 3D world relative, but how do I make the sounds loud enough that the user can still hear them??
Or what property can I edit to make the sound play at a higher Z coordinate so it works with my camera height??
Can the "Cone" properties help me here?

Thanks in advance.



None.

Sep 9 2010, 9:55 pm Dabbu Post #2



Really? no one knows eh??



None.

Sep 11 2010, 1:20 am Temp Post #3



Look at the Site Operation (Local Offset), have one with an increased height and add it to SoundOneShot and SoundContinuous under Host Site Operations. Then right click host site operations and click apply to children.

Note: not sure if this will work.



None.

Sep 13 2010, 9:15 am Dabbu Post #4



that sounds like it should work, ill give it a shot.
i just wish i knew where Site Operation is :)

EDIT:
Staredit.net needs a sense code on the forum replies that turns the forum like a wiki.
So Site Operation would automatically become a link or have a mini explanation bubble when hovered over.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 13 2010, 4:13 pm by NudeRaider. Reason: merged posts



None.

Sep 13 2010, 12:58 pm payne Post #5

:payne:

Quote from Dabbu
Staredit.net needs a sense code on the forum replies that turns the forum like a wiki.
So Site Operation would automatically become a link or have a mini explanation bubble when hovered over.
Should be posted in "Staredit Functions" forum. :-_-:



None.

Sep 13 2010, 10:18 pm Dabbu Post #6



Payne: I did so.


Temp:
I'm just having trouble putting all these pieces you mentioned together.
I'm able to find some of the pieces you are talking about, like Hosting -> Host Site Operations. I can see these options when I select a unit from the object editor and select one of the actors.
However I'm unable to find how to add Local Offset and SoundOneShot, SoundContinuous.



None.

Sep 13 2010, 11:25 pm Temp Post #7



Site Operation (Local Offset) is a type of actor in it there is a Local Offset property.

SoundOneShot and SoundContinous are already created sound actors that are parents to all sound actors (they should be grey unless you've changed the colours). So making modifications to these and applying the changes to their children will change all sounds.



None.

Sep 14 2010, 2:03 am Dabbu Post #8



Cool it seems to be working, for most sounds, like the Reaper jumping cliffs, unit deaths, but it's not working for when they attack, I guess the attack sounds have a different parent other than SoundOneShot and SoundContinuous



None.

Sep 14 2010, 2:19 am Temp Post #9



Try modifying GenericAttackSound



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Mr.BurnLiquid