Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Model keeps dissapearing...
Model keeps dissapearing...
Aug 29 2010, 9:10 pm
By: Lethoth  

Aug 29 2010, 9:10 pm Lethoth Post #1



I created a new unit and I made it based on a probe, and the model dissapears for me as usual... :disgust:

Help asap please!



None.

Aug 29 2010, 9:32 pm Temp Post #2



When duplicating units remember to duplicate the actor that is attached to the unit (not all of them just the one that would have the model for the unit)



None.

Aug 29 2010, 10:23 pm Lethoth Post #3



I didnt duplicate, and when I duplicate this doesnt happen.
I clicked the button to create a new unit and I made it based in probe, everything from the probe is there EXCEPT THE MODEL :crazy: its really stupid!



None.

Aug 29 2010, 10:47 pm Temp Post #4



If you create a new unit you need to create a new unit actor for it. You can duplicate the probes unit actor and attach it to your new probe unit. (BTW that is not the model itself, it is the actor for the unit).



None.

Aug 29 2010, 11:21 pm Lethoth Post #5



how do you attach a model to a unit?



None.

Aug 29 2010, 11:31 pm JACofNoIdea Post #6



You may be better off duplicating a unit, going to its model, selecting "Model" in that model, and finding the one you want.

When you duplicate (if you don't plan on using the original unit again), all you have to duplicate is the actor. If you plan on using that original unit for something else, duplicate the actor and the model.



None.

Aug 29 2010, 11:51 pm shmeeps Post #7



Go to Modules->Data->Actors, duplicate the Probe actor but do not check anything, hit okay, then click the new actor. You should find a field called Token-Unit Name, modify that field to the unit you created.

But it all honesty, this is much easier to do by duplicating the unit and just checking the actors.

Remember, an Unit can have multiple actors, an actor can have multiple models, but a model cannot have multiple actors, and an actor cannot have multiple units.



None.

Aug 30 2010, 1:46 am Lethoth Post #8



AAH!! now its even worse... it copied a lot of stuff and the probe doesnt have image and its invisible!!
SOMEONE HELP



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Moose