Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Turrets And Ships
Turrets And Ships
Aug 28 2010, 1:07 am
By: StormTemplar  

Aug 28 2010, 1:07 am StormTemplar Post #1



I have tried and tried to get this to work yet I seemingly have come to the end of my knowledge and search. How would it be possible to do the following:

I go to a building or unit named "Shop1"
A dialogue comes up displaying multiple "turrets" theyre selling for my ship (I know the dialogue part)
When I click on Button "AutoTurret" the credits are deducted and a building-like interface comes on where I can select where I want the turret to be placed.. But, it cant be placed outside my battlecruiser.
Then when i place the turret in the proper position it appears on the battlecruiser and moves with it.
However, I dont want the ability to stack turrets on top of eachother.
Thus when I was done the battlecruiser would look like this:

Red being the Autoturrets and Blue being another type of turret.



None.

Aug 28 2010, 4:45 am shmeeps Post #2



To create turrets for units seems to take a lot of work (For instance, in recreating the Uberlisk, you need 2 Movers, about 30 Actors, about 10 Effects, 5 Units, and a few odds and ends. And that's for 5 turrets.), at least through the data editor. You could expect to spend about 2+ hours in the data editor, and even more coding the triggers. (Granted, tentacle-based turrets take a lot more work than say, regular gun turrets, but still.)

However, in looking for help on that, I did find this: http://sc2mod.com/board/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=89

It explains how to mount units onto other units via triggers (which are not actually mounted, they just move with the unit), and requires hardly any in depth work in the data editor, and should be alot more manageable and easier to code than the previous method. It should also be easier to toggle, as you can create a trigger that just checks to see if they have bought the certain turret, if they have, prevent them from buying it again and attach the turret to the unit).



None.

Aug 28 2010, 4:56 am DavidJCobb Post #3



Wait, I'm not too familiar with SCII, but isn't there a feature that allows one unit to "carry" another unit? Can that be applied to have one unit carry multiple subunits, and can the placing of the carried units be determined?



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur