Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: if any hostile units in region == false
if any hostile units in region == false
Aug 27 2010, 12:55 am
By: Rizz  

Aug 27 2010, 12:55 am Rizz Post #1



First off, I would like to say that I am glad I found this site, as already it has given me more knowledge in SC2 map editor and given me some ideas for making my map better. Now for the problem:

I have attached what I have gotten so far for my trigger 'unit check'. This was basically my workaround for not being able to figure out how to check and see if any units owned by player 15 in the region 'unit check' == false.

What I would like to do for this trigger would be that for any unit that enters 'tele 9' to hold position, become invulnerable, and then wait until all the living units that are in the region 'unit check' to == 0/false. Then when that condition is false, to do the other actions mentioned (create timer/make vulnerable/attack end). I know there are a lot of rendundancies in the trigger, it's basically just me getting fed up with not being able to do what I wanted and trying to find workarounds :D

All I seem to find is unit group conditions like 'Units in region matching condition' or 'Units in unit group within region'. Is there any way I could make this condition?

Thanks in advance for any replies I get :)

Attachments:
Unit check.jpg
Hits: 2 Size: 123.46kb



None.

Aug 27 2010, 2:52 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Rizz
What I would like to do for this trigger would be that for any unit that enters 'tele 9' to hold position, become invulnerable, and then wait until all the living units that are in the region 'unit check' to == 0/false. Then when that condition is false, to do the other actions mentioned (create timer/make vulnerable/attack end).

All I seem to find is unit group conditions like 'Units in region matching condition'
So... Can't you just use a unit group from Units in Region Matching Condition, where the condition is their player owner (15)? Or do you want this to run for all units in the region, regardless of their player owner? If so, just have the matching condition be something like "unit is alive." You could do the same thing for the condition to check that the other region is empty.

I don't understand the context of your 'units in tele 7' variable, but if it's unimportant to what you want to accomplish, you don't need to explain it.

I hope this helps answer your question.




Aug 27 2010, 4:02 am Rizz Post #3



Quote from Roy
So... Can't you just use a unit group from Units in Region Matching Condition, where the condition is their player owner (15)? Or do you want this to run for all units in the region, regardless of their player owner? If so, just have the matching condition be something like "unit is alive." You could do the same thing for the condition to check that the other region is empty.

I don't understand the context of your 'units in tele 7' variable, but if it's unimportant to what you want to accomplish, you don't need to explain it.

I hope this helps answer your question.

The variable is my workaround for the timer. what happened before I put that in was that when any unit entered the region 'tele 9', the timer would appear, basically giving me 1-15 timers depending on how many units entered the region. So what I want to do is have either one or two conditions, where any units owned by player 15 in region 'unit check' == false. That way, it will wait for this condition before starting the timer, thus creating it only once, and creating it only when all the units leave the playing area for players 1-6.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 27 2010, 4:20 am by Rizz.



None.

Aug 27 2010, 5:03 am Rizz Post #4



I think I have this figured out. Thank you Roy for replying, it's what helped me probe further into unit groups to find what I needed.

It ended up being this:

Comparison
Value 1: number of units in unit group
Type: living
- Unit group: units in region matching condition
unit type: any
region: unit check
player: 15
unit filter: excluded: missile,dead,hidden
count: any amount
operator: ==
value 2: 0



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur