Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Defeat conditions?
[Solved] Defeat conditions?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 21 2010, 8:09 pm
By: Paratrooper508  

Aug 21 2010, 8:09 pm Paratrooper508 Post #1



This is pretty ridiculous that this editor is so complicated Ih ave to ask something that was super easy in StarEdit but...

how the fuck do I do something as simple as saying Current Player controls 0 buildings, end in defeat for Current player



None.

Aug 21 2010, 8:31 pm Temp Post #2



The reason you are having such difficulty with this is because some things are done very differently than SC1. In SC2 defeat triggers like the one you want are (more or less) built in, you just need to activate it. Using the Enable/Disable Melee Option For Player action should allow you to do want you want. Enable defeat for every player you want the defeat action to happen for.

To edit what prevents a defeat go into the data editor and look at a unit you want to prevent a player from being defeated. Under the flags setting there is a Prevent Defeat option. If this is checked then the unit will prevent the player from being defeated. By default all buildings have this flag checked.



None.

Aug 21 2010, 10:01 pm Sand Wraith Post #3



Code
defeat
   Events
       Unit - Any Unit dies
   Local Variables
   Conditions
       (Number of Living units in (Any units in (Entire map) owned by player (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching Required: Prevent Defeat; Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount)) == 0
   Actions
       Game - End game in Defeat for player (Owner of (Triggering unit)) (Show dialogs, Show score screen)


Copy the above code and paste into the input box at http://vgshorts.com/BBCode/BBCode3.php . Hopefully, this post will help you understand GE a bit more.

In GE, the difference between an Event and a Condition, especially when compared to the old SC1 Conditions, are much more different, and some things that were easy to do in SC1 will require a bit more ingenuity to implement in SC2, but likewise, some things that were literally impossible with StarEdit can easily be done in GE, such as detecting when a unit is attacking or getting damaged.

But, yea, I had that exact same reaction a million times with WC3's WE. ;o




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur