Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Item Stacking
[Solved] Item Stacking
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 21 2010, 5:38 am
By: Riney  

Aug 21 2010, 5:38 am Riney Post #1

Thigh high affectionado

So Im at a point where Im trying to make the ammo system in my map. Problem is, I cant get items to either A. Spawn with a specific number as their stack rather than the max, and B. Stack the items in the Inventory.

Now spawning the item with a specified amount of stacks will do for now, but it is just giving me hell.



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Aug 21 2010, 8:53 pm Temp Post #2



How are you doing stacked items currently? You could look into charges as a way to do ammo instead of items, I am not sure how well it would work though.



None.

Aug 21 2010, 10:28 pm Sand Wraith Post #3



IMO, you should just use a mainly trigger-based system that uses units with item-like properties applied to them.

I mean, something like make a unit based off of an SCV, remove all of its abilities, and change its Actor to an ammo box or something, change its name; at this point, give your main unit an ability that can trigger a trigger to "pick-up" the ammo unit.

And then move on to the Trigger Editor, where you do something like "whenever any unit enters the map, if the unit type is 'Ammo Box', then assign the unit 'item-like properties (e.g. invulnerability)' and set custom value index 0 to x."

Something along the lines of that; heavier trigger usage, less Data Editor usage. IMO, trigger-heavier systems are less of a headache to deal with.




Aug 22 2010, 1:03 am Temp Post #4



Trigger heavier systems are a terrible idea. Letting SC2 natively deal with many things allows you to put more load on your triggers, the less triggers firing the less chance your map will lag horribly. Won't matter for small-mid size projects but very large ones could take a hit if you do everything with triggers. Using the right tool for the right job is good practice.



None.

Aug 22 2010, 9:03 pm Riney Post #5

Thigh high affectionado

Turns out I found something on a source I dont think is very noteworthly mentionable (but Ill link it in a pm if wanted) that added a few more triggers that stacked items for you, and found where items are in your inventory, as well as changing the stacks via triggers with rather ease.

This can be locked ;o



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid, Moose