Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Transmission 101?
Transmission 101?
Aug 21 2010, 3:47 am
By: Paratrooper508  

Aug 21 2010, 3:47 am Paratrooper508 Post #1



Can someone give me the start to finish of creating the impression of dialogue in-game? I see the transmission trigger but I don't have sound (I'm a private player not a studio with voice actors) so I don't have a sound file with subtitles to import so my 'transmissions' dont have text. I tried the chat bubble thing but no text showed up. lament for StarEdit :(



None.

Aug 21 2010, 5:21 am Sand Wraith Post #2



transmission
Events
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
Transmission - Send transmission to (All players) from (Unit with Flash (Do Not override portrait) playing Talk) playing No Sound Link with name Name and message Message using (Cinematic portrait at Center Left) playing Talk (Add 0.0 seconds, Don't Wait until it finishes)

http://vgshorts.com/BBCode/BBCode3.php (copy/paste above into the box presented in the link)

What's wrong with that trigger?

If your only problem is a lack of sound, then you can just use the standard transmission sound (in Value, search for "Dialogue_TransmissionStart"), or even the Preset "No Sound Link".

I don't really see what you're having trouble with. :s

You could even alternate the portrait location with left and right to get a conversation going.




Aug 21 2010, 5:40 am Paratrooper508 Post #3



I guess I somehow missed that, I still dont understand why they need like 4 transmission triggers (nondescript, campaign, simple) but whatever. thanks!



None.

Aug 21 2010, 5:52 am Paratrooper508 Post #4



and of course its firing twice so I get twice the dialogue for twice the fun. nice... Any reason why a trigger which is caused by a unit entering region would be firing twice?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 21 2010, 6:45 am by Paratrooper508.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur