Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Enabling medics and firebats, and other units
Enabling medics and firebats, and other units
Aug 20 2010, 11:01 pm
By: Paratrooper508  

Aug 20 2010, 11:01 pm Paratrooper508 Post #1



How can I edit what units a building can train? Staredit 1 and even WarEdit had reasonably intuitive process. This is ridiculous :( I've gone to data and put medics and firebats on the button list for a barracks, but where it says Ability Command, there's no option to enable anything but default melee terran units.

How do I do this? Also, will I have to manually retinker every barracks in every map in a series this way, or is there a way to just edit buildings for a campaign? what about disabling units of the same race so that faction 1 has ghosts or something, but faction 2 doesn't?



None.

Aug 20 2010, 11:03 pm FlareForce Post #2



O, did you add the ability to the ability list above it? It won't let you select an ability for the button til you do.



None.

Aug 20 2010, 11:20 pm Paratrooper508 Post #3



I've got it set to Barracks - Train



None.

Aug 21 2010, 12:18 am Temp Post #4



Did you add the campaign dependencies. If you didn't you may need to start your map over (depends on what you have done). File->Dependencies and add the campaign ones in.



None.

Aug 21 2010, 12:53 am Paratrooper508 Post #5



odd I thought it would include that when I told it to include Campaign dependencies, well I added story etc so I'll give it a shot in a bit



None.

Aug 21 2010, 1:48 am Alzarath Post #6

Praetor

You only have to add 1 of the campaign dependencies. It'll probably reduce loading times if you do. Also, make sure the campaign dependency is at the top.



None.

Aug 21 2010, 2:29 am payne Post #7

:payne:

Quote from name:Artanis186
You only have to add 1 of the campaign dependencies. It'll probably reduce loading times if you do. Also, make sure the campaign dependency is at the top.
Both campaign dependencies are the same? Oh shi-! :hurr:



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur