Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Huge file error?
Huge file error?
Aug 20 2010, 10:58 pm
By: FlareForce  

Aug 20 2010, 10:58 pm FlareForce Post #1



In the overview manager it only says its about 3.5mb but when I try to publish it, it says its 107mb. I've saved it as a smaller file already like it said but it only made it shrink a few mb. Anyone have any idea what happened?

Attachments:
image.bmp
Hits: 6 Size: 1391.21kb



None.

Aug 20 2010, 11:02 pm DavidJCobb Post #2



Your map is a bitmap image? 0_o

Are there any large things in the map that Blizzard's servers may be decompressing?



None.

Aug 20 2010, 11:05 pm FlareForce Post #3



Not that I know of. I didn't import anything, the entire map is made completely in the editor.



None.

Aug 21 2010, 5:01 am FlareForce Post #4



I tried saving it as list components which ended up as 228kb but it won't let me publish it, it gives me an error telling me it can't find the file. I am completely stumped on whats happening here.



None.

Aug 21 2010, 5:05 am DevliN Post #5

Woah

Why did you attach a bitmap image?



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Aug 21 2010, 5:11 am FlareForce Post #6



? o whoops, thought I saved that as a jpeg. It's just a picture showing the overview manager and the publish window.



None.

Aug 21 2010, 3:45 pm FlareForce Post #7



I don't entirely know how (but I guess I'm use to getting all the weird errors no one can fix) but I think I got it. Apparently the map had all of my account data and campaign quick saves and such embedded in it somehow. If anyone ends up with this problem, save it as components, delete the folders in the folder it makes, then reload it and save it as a map.



None.

Aug 25 2010, 6:21 am Riney Post #8

Thigh high affectionado

Make sure you didnt upload 3 movies and your entire My Music folder yet?



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur