Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Strange lagginess when editing terrain
Strange lagginess when editing terrain
Aug 20 2010, 9:12 pm
By: Paratrooper508  

Aug 20 2010, 9:12 pm Paratrooper508 Post #1



When I'm raising, lowering terrain with the cliffs and ramps, or the other more gentle raising and lowering (that doesn't technically change the in-game altitude) I notice that my FPS drops to literally 1 sometimes, whereas other times its updating in real time like its supposed to. This is incredibly annoying and I don't like having minor mountain ranges (a regular feature in my maps) take 20 minutes to make, one click at a time. Why i sthis happening? I've tried changing graphics settings, closing other programs, nothing works. wtfx



None.

Aug 20 2010, 10:48 pm DavidJCobb Post #2



I don't know anything whatsoever about SCII as I can't run it, so these questions will likely be useless, but seeing as no one else has asked anything...

Does this seem to occur the most when you alter specific parts of a map (i.e. the center, a corner)?

Does this seem to occur the most when there are units or doodads at the area you're altering?

Does this seem to occur the most when you alter certain types or textures of terrain?

Does this happen a lot in some maps but not in others?

Does this seem to occur the most when certain lighting conditions are present?



None.

Aug 20 2010, 10:55 pm Paratrooper508 Post #3



No thats whats so mystifying, its totally at random it seems. It affects (for no apparent reason) some parts of the map but not others. And I'm talking about raising elevation on a totally blank slate, without doodads or lighting. It will just decide some mountains or areas deserve to be laggy and others should work as intended



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur