Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Double cliff on desert?
Double cliff on desert?
Nov 15 2007, 8:36 am
By: MNeox  

Nov 15 2007, 8:36 am MNeox Post #1





ya... so I haven't seen any double layer cliff for desert.Unless I missed some topics.Parts are a bit blocky and thats possibly the best blend I could find, unless I didn't search hard enough.
Just wondering if it would be useful :]



None.

Nov 15 2007, 12:49 pm TristanOfVP Post #2



Looks cool, I like the cave thing.



None.

Nov 15 2007, 11:11 pm RoryFenrir Post #3



wow looks really good, except for the trees, they r kinda ugly



None.

Nov 15 2007, 11:18 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

I likes everything in that :P
Particulary the trees : they look as in diablo II (^^)



None.

Nov 16 2007, 1:06 am JaBoK Post #5



work the subtile out on the double cliffs. I just did a test one and it works well with the subtile that contains a large dirt platform at the bottom, as it gives better blending.



None.

Nov 21 2007, 10:01 pm Falkoner Post #6



Yeah, Desert is another one of those tilesets that makes the double cliffs almost look like holes rather than cliffs.



None.

Nov 22 2007, 7:42 am JaBoK Post #7



There's my attempt at some natural desert cliff stuff.



None.

Nov 22 2007, 7:50 am blacklight28 Post #8



First one is good.

Second one looks like a canyon or a hole.



None.

Nov 23 2007, 5:08 am A_of-s_t Post #9

aka idmontie

Quote from blacklight28
First one is good.

Second one looks like a canyon or a hole.
I would have to disagree.

First one is way too blocky. The second one reminds me of the legendary WoodenFire in desert style.



Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Nov 23 2007, 6:19 am JaBoK Post #10



The first one worked better with a diff type but i was too lazy to upload it. The second one was inspired by jungle doublecliffs



None.

Dec 2 2007, 12:24 am Falkoner Post #11



First is perfect, so dirt to dirt works out fine.



None.

Dec 2 2007, 12:58 pm Symmetry Post #12

(Killer_Kow)

Quote from MNeox


ya... so I haven't seen any double layer cliff for desert.Unless I missed some topics.Parts are a bit blocky and thats possibly the best blend I could find, unless I didn't search hard enough.
Just wondering if it would be useful :]

The blockiness is subtle at first, but once you see it, it's very apparent.

Quote from JaBoK
There's my attempt at some natural desert cliff stuff.

I like the one on the left, but it's very repetitive.



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Dec 2 2007, 11:30 pm Falkoner Post #13



You can use different tiles if you like.



None.

Dec 16 2007, 8:47 am Zero Ame Post #14



Really good for the desert, usally there arnt many blends possible for it



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:07 pm]
NudeRaider -- time capsule? you don't talk to 90s kids outside of SEN?
[01:57 pm]
Oh_Man -- SEN is kinda like, a place wher u can be pretty much gauranteed u talking to a millenial, prob born around the early 1990s, its like a time capsule
[01:05 pm]
NudeRaider -- well he is calling himself weirdo...
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: NudeRaider, lil-Inferno