Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Ability - Feederling
Ability - Feederling
Aug 19 2010, 2:37 am
By: Alzarath  

Aug 19 2010, 2:37 am Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

I have this modified infestor called a Nurturelisk. I gave it a modified version of the Spawn Changeling, that spawns a (selectable) Feederling. The Feederling is uncontrollable.

I want to give it 2 abilities. 1 will give the player 10 of 'Custom Resource'. The other will allow the Feederling to target a Zergling and give that Zergling 5 hp. Both of these abilities will sacrifice the Feederling. But I want them to have a 30 second delay from when the Feederling is spawned to when it is able to use the abilities. Could I get some help with these?



None.

Aug 19 2010, 3:11 am Undead-Fox Post #2



Giving the player the custom resource would probably be pretty simple to find through the editor.. (I won't claim to know off the top of my head, but it sounds simple enough).
Giving the Zergling 5 permanent HP, I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that... my suggestion would be to maybe look at the Combat Shield upgrade for the Marine?
And for the 30 second delay before it can do abilities, try looking at the Creep Tumor, and see how it's ability to spawn more Creep Tumors works, because it comes with a 15 second delay when a new one is placed down.



None.

Aug 19 2010, 3:21 am Alzarath Post #3

Praetor

Quote from Undead-Fox
Giving the player the custom resource would probably be pretty simple to find through the editor.. (I won't claim to know off the top of my head, but it sounds simple enough).

That's what I thought, not as simple as it seems. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Quote from Undead-Fox
Giving the Zergling 5 permanent HP, I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that... my suggestion would be to maybe look at the Combat Shield upgrade for the Marine?

That's an upgrade, I need it to not only be given by an ability, but be stackable.

Quote from Undead-Fox
And for the 30 second delay before it can do abilities, try looking at the Creep Tumor, and see how it's ability to spawn more Creep Tumors works, because it comes with a 15 second delay when a new one is placed down.

I'll look into that... when I can actually get at least 1 of the abilities working.

EDIT: Got the thing to actually kill itself, but can't figure a way to give the player the resources. I'd really like to stay clear of using triggers.

EDIT2: Got the entire custom resource spell working. But I'm still nowhere with the +hp for the ling.

EDIT3: As for what I'd like with the delay, I want it to put a bar on it, like how a bar is placed in the unit information panel of a hatchery when the queen uses spawn larva on it.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Aug 19 2010, 4:37 am by Artanis186.



None.

Aug 19 2010, 5:16 am Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

You want to make a buff for targeted units, plus a custom ability and all that. I'd explain more but I don't have sc2, and don't have beta on a working computer anymore. I'm getting SC2 tomorrow though, I'll help then maybe.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 19 2010, 5:59 am Temp Post #5



With the +HP for ling use the Modify Unit effect and add 5 life to the target. For the bar it is probably better to use a cooldown indicator rather than a progress bar (unless the unit is still being created). To add a cooldown for when the unit first spawns change the Time Start field for the cost of the ability to 30 seconds.



None.

Aug 19 2010, 6:01 am Alzarath Post #6

Praetor

Alright, made it apply a buff that gives the unit 5 hp. But now I gotta make the Feederling die when it uses it, and the buff doesn't seem stackable.

Plus, I still need the delay thing. Couldn't find a solution from the Creep Tumor.



None.

Aug 19 2010, 6:10 am Temp Post #7



To make it kill itself create a set effect (it is an effect which will cause a set of effects). Add the heal effect and a suicide effect to the set effect and set that one as the one the ability uses.

Edit: For anyone who does want to use progress bars you need to change the UI - Display Countdown field to ally/self



None.

Aug 19 2010, 6:20 am Alzarath Post #8

Praetor

Quote from Temp
To make it kill itself create a set effect (it is an effect which will cause a set of effects). Add the heal effect and a suicide effect to the set effect and set that one as the one the ability uses.

Can you be a little more specific?

EDIT: What I've been trying to do is add the set effect from the other spell to it (excluding the +10 resources, of course), but only thing that's died through my testing so far is the Zergling.

EDIT2: To clarify, what I need right now is for the unit to die when it uses the ability and for the ability to be stackable.

EDIT3: I got it! Took a thousand different links, but I finally got it! :D

EDIT4: Well, I did get it working. Problem is, when the Zergling burrows, it regains all its hp, same to unburrowing. Its max remains where it should, but he is healed completely.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Aug 19 2010, 11:09 am by Artanis186.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur