Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Splash Ability
Splash Ability
Aug 18 2010, 5:00 pm
By: IceWendigo  

Aug 18 2010, 5:00 pm IceWendigo Post #1



1- Splash damage ability: What I would like is a Splash damage ability for the MArine called "Full Auto Burst" that appears as a btn-techupgrade-terran-fullborecanisterammo.dds button, that cost 5 energy(Im giving energy to Marines) and lasts 10 sec ( tiny red stimpack icon next to the marine image) with the splash being something like radius 1.7 and 0.3 of regular damage.

I have; an ability "Full Auto Burst" that appears to be linked to a button "Full Auto Burst" and an Effect "FullAutoBurst(Marine - Full Auto Burst(Damage))" which in CEffectDamage under the Searh tab in AreaArray has; Index 0, Arc 360, Bonus 0, Fraction 0.3, Maximum Count 7, Radius 1.8, Radius Bonus 0, Validator(none).

I've tried and tried but cant make it work, any tips would be more than welcomed :)

thanks

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 18 2010, 5:29 pm by IceWendigo. Reason: part not needed



None.

Aug 18 2010, 6:10 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

Create a new ability, duplicated from Raven's Seeker Missile.
Go under "Cost - Cost +" and change the Energy value at the very bottom to 5. From this same field, look for "Charge - Time Use" and set it to 10. You can also set a Cooldown there if you want.
Go under "Ability - Commands" and delete the Requirements (press the little 'X' at the bottom right).
Go under "Stats - Flag" and check "Transient". This prevents the unit from seeing its orders cancelled. (I am not sure about this one, though.)
Set the "Stats - Follow Range" to 0.

Go to Effects tab and search for "Seeker (Damage)".
The splash damage is defined in "Search - Area +". I do not know how this one works, though.
The direct damage is set under "Combat - Damage".
Now search for "Seeker (Launch Missile)".
Change the "Target - Impact Location +" and change the value to "Target Unit/Point". This will permit the players to aim at the ground directly, instead of requiring to cast directly on a unit.

For the button it appears as, you select it when you add it to the Marine's Command Card.

EDIT: Well, I just tested it and it doesn't seems to work.
Could anyone tell me why?
(Probably because I was too lazy to try to create a whole new ability. :><:)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur