Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Linking maps - String#?
Linking maps - String#?
Aug 16 2010, 11:13 pm
By: Deev  

Aug 16 2010, 11:13 pm Deev Post #1



I've been searching quite some, but I havn't been able to link two maps in Galaxy Editor.

Set Next Map
Map: ""

I'm sure it's something simple, but I simple about to kill someone to know.



None.

Aug 17 2010, 12:32 am Dem0n Post #2

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Don't you just type the file's name like in sc1?




Aug 17 2010, 2:14 am Deev Post #3



Now, I thought it would be as simple as that. But I'm getting a return error on [Can't load map] - Reasons I've considered but not yet tried.

- Map is in the wrong location
- I have to add .sc2Map (Or whatever surfix it was)
- String have to include path
- Map have to be uploaded


Anyone care to give some insight?



None.

Aug 17 2010, 2:21 am shmeeps Post #4



It might have to be somewhere in the actual Starcraft 2 Map folder (Like, inside the program directory. Test maps are converted to EditorTest.SC2Map), if that folder even exists for that reason. I really have no idea with the publishing system, if the maps are downloaded on use and discarded after the session is over (game closed), or what. Chances are you have to actually complete the map and put them both on the publishing system, or at least in the local file at Starcraft II/Maps/.



None.

Aug 17 2010, 2:51 am payne Post #5

:payne:

This is just a thought, but have you tried to use the Import module to import the next-map inside the played-map ?
It'd make more sense... else, people would download Part 1 and then the Console would search for Part 2, but players wouldn't necessarily have downloaded it. :O



None.

Aug 17 2010, 3:51 am shmeeps Post #6



Quote from payne
This is just a thought, but have you tried to use the Import module to import the next-map inside the played-map ?
It'd make more sense... else, people would download Part 1 and then the Console would search for Part 2, but players wouldn't necessarily have downloaded it. :O
That's a good point, unless they had some sort of pre-caching download method added into the map database, it would have to exist in the file or on the user's computer in the first place to run.



None.

Aug 17 2010, 7:30 am Jack Post #7

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Try place the map in C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Maps and see if that works.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur