Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Map w separate zones, using different tiles?
Map w separate zones, using different tiles?
Aug 13 2010, 2:40 pm
By: IceWendigo  

Aug 13 2010, 2:40 pm IceWendigo Post #1



1- When creating a new map I think you select a tile set, but Can a map use more than one tile set ex: half the map uses a desert tileset and the other uses an urban one? (or even a base interior tile set. Or is it strictly 1 tile set per map)

2- Can you create a large map where over half of it is used normally and units are restricted to this zone (cant move beyond the edge of the rectangle zone) but set another zone in the remaing space left.

This way you could have a map in which a cave entrance teleports units that enter it into a (seamingly) new map representing the cave interior or base. You would have the impression the mission takes place one more than one map.



None.

Aug 13 2010, 2:47 pm Devourer Post #2

Hello

I'm afraid, you can use only 1 tileset for one map, though you can replace older textures with your ones (or others). Still, there is a limit of... 9? textures per terrain.
http://www.staredit.net/topic/11252/ Read/watch this.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 13 2010, 3:24 pm IceWendigo Post #3



Great I will watch these videos tonight.

but from what I understand you have a certain number of tile textures per map, and its possible to replace some of the textures you dont expect to use with textures taken from another map? If thats the case it probably be would be good enough.

Do you know if the map can be delimited so that units and the players view/camera cant exit a certain rectangle zone (delimited zone which wound have to be set so that only this shows on the mini-map/radar UI) unless his units teleports to a seperate delimied zone?

(It's sounding more complicated than I initially realized though, I think I'look back into this in a few weeks or months).



None.

Aug 13 2010, 3:53 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

You can indeed replace an unused texture by a new one which was part of an other tileset. As Devourer said, go look at the video tutorials.
As for your concern on the minimap restriction, there is a very simple way to achieve this: "Set camera bounds" action. It is in the "Camera" category.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet