Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: StarCraft 2 -> League of Legends
StarCraft 2 -> League of Legends
Aug 12 2010, 11:41 pm
By: Alzarath  

Aug 12 2010, 11:41 pm Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

So, my friend brought up the idea of making League of Legends models into StarCraft 2 models. And I decided to bring the idea here, in case anyone would like to do it.

Basically, here's what the converted models would be:

Team 1:
Melee creep - Zergling
Caster creep - Hydralisk
Siege creep - Roach
Super Creep - Ultralisk

Team 2:
Melee creep - Zealot
Caster creep - Sentry
Siege creep - Immortal
Super Creep - Uhhh... you decide. :\

I've seen custom models used in LoL before, and I think this would be very awesome. ^.^ Of course, idt it could go too public, for copyright reasons. Just between the people working on it and myself. :P I'd help, but I have no experience with modelling programs or scripting of any kind.



None.

Aug 13 2010, 3:58 pm DevliN Post #2

Woah

Why not just make LoL into a SC map, instead? :D



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Aug 13 2010, 4:13 pm Devourer Post #3

Hello

Either make Zerg Caster Creep to infestor with weapon or change toss caster creep to stalker :P
Super Creep should be an archon?



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 13 2010, 6:32 pm Alzarath Post #4

Praetor

Just to clarify things, I'm simply talking about making the models in League of Legends those of StarCraft 2 variants, not talking about porting League of Legends to StarCraft 2.



None.

Aug 13 2010, 6:38 pm DevliN Post #5

Woah

I understand, you want to mod LoL with SC units. What I was saying is that it may be easier to just turn LoL into a SC2 map, since I've yet to see a great DotA remake on SC2. :D



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Aug 13 2010, 8:21 pm Alzarath Post #6

Praetor

Actually, I planned to do that. I was working on the terrain of it for a bit, but I have doubts I'd finish it.



None.

Aug 14 2010, 7:18 am fat_flying_pigs Post #7



I haven't played LoL, but heard a lot about it. But please, don't make it zerg vs toss. It just makes the game look stupid imo. Better to go all 3 on each team (imo). But if you don't... the super creep for the toss side should be an archon. But make it a cross between the normal archon and the dark archon. Give it maelstorm, or the ability to mc a weaker unit (temporally?)

And the hydra isn't really a caster creep. You should use the infestor, or maybe a defiler with a low attack.



None.

Aug 15 2010, 7:43 pm Alzarath Post #8

Praetor

Again, just talking about model swaps. No way I'd be able to add abilites to units. :P



None.

Aug 15 2010, 8:13 pm DevliN Post #9

Woah

Actually, I'm sure almost all of them can be redone as abilities, and it wouldn't be too difficult. The only tough ones I imagine are the infinite-range abilities like Gangplank's cannon thing.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Aug 15 2010, 8:53 pm Generalpie Post #10

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from DevliN
Actually, I'm sure almost all of them can be redone as abilities, and it wouldn't be too difficult. The only tough ones I imagine are the infinite-range abilities like Gangplank's cannon thing.
and Ashe's crystal arrow
I like to snipe people with low HP in the shop ;o



None.

Aug 16 2010, 12:59 am Alzarath Post #11

Praetor

Are... we still talking about the same thing? As said many times, I want StarCraft 2 models ported to League of Legends. There's no way to modify League of Legends to make them have abilities. This is purely an aesthetic idea.



None.

Aug 16 2010, 3:04 am DevliN Post #12

Woah

Yes and no. I responded to your comment about recreating abilities.

I don't think anyone wants to port SC2 models into LoL.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Aug 26 2010, 6:13 am Riney Post #13

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from DevliN
Actually, I'm sure almost all of them can be redone as abilities, and it wouldn't be too difficult. The only tough ones I imagine are the infinite-range abilities like Gangplank's cannon thing.

Turn off vision needed for casting and set range to 500.

Ashes frost arrow would just be the projectile system used in Lost Viking.



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur