Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Opening Multiple Maps?
Opening Multiple Maps?
Aug 11 2010, 12:24 am
By: Salvador  

Aug 11 2010, 12:24 am Salvador Post #1



Is there a way to open more than one map at once in GalaxyEdit? Or failing that, to open multiple instances of GalaxyEdit?



None.

Aug 11 2010, 12:28 am payne Post #2

:payne:

Yes. It's quite easy :P

Ctrl + O.
Select the map you want to open.
It opens.

Ctrl + O.
Select the other map you want to open.
It opens.
... but where's the other map you've opened, the first one ?

Go to: "Window" and look at the names listed at the bottom of the drop-down box.

There you go! :awesome:



None.

Aug 11 2010, 12:36 am Salvador Post #3



Aha! I thought it was something simple like that. Thanks.



None.

Aug 11 2010, 12:37 am payne Post #4

:payne:

Quote from Salvador
Aha! I thought it was something simple like that. Thanks.
:><:
No problem man!
Feel free to ask more dumb questions! :P



None.

Aug 11 2010, 12:42 am Salvador Post #5



I can. And I will!



None.

Aug 13 2010, 10:25 am fat_flying_pigs Post #6



Are they any secret hotkeys to do this?



None.

Aug 15 2010, 3:00 pm payne Post #7

:payne:

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
Are they any secret hotkeys to do this?
I thought there was Ctrl+Tab, but it doesn't seems to work. :(
Is there any way to open 2 Map Editors at once? It'd help me on some copy-pasting tasks. ;o



None.

Aug 15 2010, 7:12 pm Salvador Post #8



Quote from fat_flying_pigs
Are they any secret hotkeys to do this?

To ask dumb questions?

Any key I press.



None.

Aug 17 2010, 4:10 am Deev Post #9



Yes, there are hot keys to switch between the maps. The default keys are ctrl+F6 and ctrl+shift+F6. If you dislike these hotkeys you can to as follows (See attached images if can't find it)

1. File -> Configure Controls...
2. Find Window - next document
3. Find Window - previous document
4. re-map the hotkeys for them.

Attachments:
1.jpg
Hits: 0 Size: 65.67kb
2.jpg
Hits: 0 Size: 72.04kb



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur