Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Menus (custom)
Menus (custom)
Aug 9 2010, 11:06 pm
By: IcY  

Aug 9 2010, 11:06 pm IcY Post #1

Cruisin' on that LSD

in the beginning of same games custom menus pop up revealing choices such as difficulty, character choice, income choice etc...
i need a character choice menu for my map to pop up in the beginning to allow players to choose a character(hero) for this map.




Aug 9 2010, 11:18 pm Devourer Post #2

Hello

Button-variables are global and type of "dialog item"


Event: map initialitation
Condition: none
Actions:
- Create a modal dialog of size X Y aligned to the.... (up to you)
- Set title of the dialog (last created dialog) to "Character Choice"

- Add dialog item (button) with value "Hero1" and hover text "Hero's abilities...wutsoever...totally up to you
- Set variable "Button1" to Last created dialog item
--- Same as above, for the characters you want to have

- Show last created Dialog

New trigger:
Event: Player uses Dialogitem (replace dialog item with the variable, e.g. Hero1)
Condition: not necesarry
Actions: Hide Dialog ( convert player to player group ( triggering player ) )
Actions: Create HERO at POINT for Triggering Player (or whatever actions you want)

These are the basics, hope this helps, for more help simply reply to this or/and provide us with more information :)



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 13 2010, 4:54 am StormTemplar Post #3



Thank you! I like to experiment myself and look around before asking but I couldnt get this to work right, new triggers are difficult to get..
EDIT: actually. Most of the actions I cant find in the list of possibilities. Or if I do, the ability to put them as youve typed isnt possible.. :-/ Do I have to write custom script?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 13 2010, 11:26 pm by StormTemplar.



None.

Aug 17 2010, 5:04 am Deev Post #4



You have to remember that the actual text of your trigger changes as you change the content of the line. I just tried to follow his instructions to see what you might have missed out on. Here is the actual list of commands he used, and where to find them. This is only the names of the triggers in the menu, I left out the values, and what they need to be set too, since he already covered all that, and it is my understanding that you're only having problems actually finding the actions he is refering to. (Especially the first thing, you have to set your variable to a dialog type, else it wont show up later)


Variable1:
Type: Dialog



Trigger 1:

Event: Game-> "Map initilization"
Action: Dialog-> "Create dialog"
Action: Dialog-> "Set dialog title"
Action: Dialog-> "Add dialog item"
Action: Dialog-> "Add dialog item (Button)"
Action: Variable-> "Set variable"
Action Dialog-> "Show/Hide Dialog"


Trigger 2:
Event: Dialog-> "Dialog item is used"



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Excalibur