Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Kill trigger
Kill trigger
Aug 9 2010, 9:17 pm
By: Vincent  

Aug 9 2010, 9:17 pm Vincent Post #1





Basically I want a better version of the trigger above that will allow me to put any carrier in the range, instead of just a specific one.

It would allow me to remove the carrier from the map and have it spawn later with a working kill trigger.



None.

Aug 9 2010, 9:38 pm Temp Post #2



Don't do this in triggers, do this in the data editor. You need a behaviour on the carrier which has a search effect, search effect causes a kill effect. If you need a better explanation on how to do it just ask.



None.

Aug 9 2010, 9:43 pm Devourer Post #3

Hello

He needs a better explanation, he is new to the editor as he already told me.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 9 2010, 9:59 pm Temp Post #4



Ok I have attached an example map which does what you asked.

Every unit you want to have this happen to will need the behaviour KillUnits applied to it. You can set that in the unit properties for that unit in the data editor or through triggers, I have applied it to carriers through the data editor.

The KillUnits behaviour causes a periodic effect (SearchKill) which is a Search Area effect. This effect will search for units in a specified radius around the unit and cause whatever effect you want. For our purposes it is the KillSelf effect which kills the unit the behaviour is applied to.

The search area effect has filters which include/exclude types of units or hostility status from the search. I have excluded self and included cloaked but you may want it so only hostile units will trip the effect.

I am not that great at explaining things so ask if you are having trouble with anything.

Attachments:
SelfKillExample.SC2Map
Hits: 4 Size: 168.48kb



None.

Aug 9 2010, 10:51 pm Vincent Post #5



Quote from Temp
Ok I have attached an example map which does what you asked.

Every unit you want to have this happen to will need the behaviour KillUnits applied to it. You can set that in the unit properties for that unit in the data editor or through triggers, I have applied it to carriers through the data editor.

The KillUnits behaviour causes a periodic effect (SearchKill) which is a Search Area effect. This effect will search for units in a specified radius around the unit and cause whatever effect you want. For our purposes it is the KillSelf effect which kills the unit the behaviour is applied to.

The search area effect has filters which include/exclude types of units or hostility status from the search. I have excluded self and included cloaked but you may want it so only hostile units will trip the effect.

I am not that great at explaining things so ask if you are having trouble with anything.

Thank you soo much, works brilliantly.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet