Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Terrain Heights
[SOLVED] Terrain Heights
Aug 7 2010, 7:34 pm
By: fat_flying_pigs  

Aug 7 2010, 7:34 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #1



I don't think what I want is possible, but..:
Is there a way to make 2 terrain areas be higher than each other. I want area A to effective act as high grounds compared to area B, and for area B to do the same to A. The point is that units must cross over to the other side to gain vision of that area.
The application of this is that a player can stack marines/ghosts on their side, then suicide a zergling into the opposing area and kill the enemy units with the vision gained from the zergling. However, for those ghost and marines to even stack up on that side w/o getting slaughtered, they must be on higher ground where the enemy units cannot see them.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2010, 10:11 pm by fat_flying_pigs.



None.

Aug 7 2010, 9:47 pm Syphon Post #2



Quote from fat_flying_pigs
I don't think what I want is possible, but..:
Is there a way to make 2 terrain areas be higher than each other. I want area A to effective act as high grounds compared to area B, and for area B to do the same to A. The point is that units must cross over to the other side to gain vision of that area.
The application of this is that a player can stack marines/ghosts on their side, then suicide a zergling into the opposing area and kill the enemy units with the vision gained from the zergling. However, for those ghost and marines to even stack up on that side w/o getting slaughtered, they must be on higher ground where the enemy units cannot see them.

Use LOS blocker doodads.



None.

Aug 7 2010, 10:10 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #3



Quote from Syphon
Quote from fat_flying_pigs
I don't think what I want is possible, but..:
Is there a way to make 2 terrain areas be higher than each other. I want area A to effective act as high grounds compared to area B, and for area B to do the same to A. The point is that units must cross over to the other side to gain vision of that area.
The application of this is that a player can stack marines/ghosts on their side, then suicide a zergling into the opposing area and kill the enemy units with the vision gained from the zergling. However, for those ghost and marines to even stack up on that side w/o getting slaughtered, they must be on higher ground where the enemy units cannot see them.

Use LOS blocker doodads.
Ahh, thank you. Lock topic.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet