Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Alternate Command Center: returning resources
Alternate Command Center: returning resources
Aug 7 2010, 12:48 pm
By: IceWendigo  

Aug 7 2010, 12:48 pm IceWendigo Post #1



I would like to create Supply Base (halfway between basic Command Center and Supply Depot)
it would have the Supply Depot actor and behave like a landed command center when out of the ground and like an immobile flying command center when in the ground; meaning that when above ground this supply depot can build SCV, load or unload units, and receive resources(minerals/vespene/terrazine) but when sinking below ground could not unload/load unit, could not build SCV nor receive resources.

If someone has tips it would be welcomed, in particular the attribute that says a structure (or unit) can be a receiving location for SCV/probe/drone getting back with minerals and vespene. I have not found where this parameter is set.

thanks :)



None.

Aug 7 2010, 2:08 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

for the correct placement when building it:
-you need to modify "CUnit_PlacementFootprint" to "Footprint5x5DropOff"

for the ability to get the worker's minerals:
-edit "CUnit_ResourceDropOff" to "(1|1|1|1)"
-in the long form it should be called "behavior - ressource drop off" or something like that




Aug 7 2010, 5:57 pm Temp Post #3



You don't need the 5x5 footprint if it is for a supply depot, keep the supply depot footprint. The supply depot does a morph to lower into the ground, (switches unit) so apply the right abilities/behaviours to the right unit.



None.

Aug 9 2010, 2:33 pm IceWendigo Post #4



thanks I will give these a try :)



None.

Aug 9 2010, 2:54 pm Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Temp
You don't need the 5x5 footprint if it is for a supply depot, keep the supply depot footprint. The supply depot does a morph to lower into the ground, (switches unit) so apply the right abilities/behaviours to the right unit.
I guess that was used for the correct placement. Else you will be able to create 0 clutter (building the depot directly next to the mineral field).




Aug 9 2010, 5:04 pm Temp Post #6



I would suggest duplicating the supply depot footprint so and changing the placement check so that near resources is invalid then.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet