Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Even Level Terrain
Even Level Terrain
Aug 7 2010, 9:15 am
By: fat_flying_pigs  

Aug 7 2010, 9:15 am fat_flying_pigs Post #1



I want to make a border around my map about 3 grid wide, and however tall, doesn't really matter. The Hill should then slope down to the normal level within about 3 more grid. (actual lengths/heights may vary depending on how it looks) I need a way to make it even on all sides; not only height, but width as well.
Is there some sort of menu. Like SCMD2's unit placement grid where you could specify the unit coords. Is there some way I could specify the height, slope, length, etc of terrain?

Also, second question: I've got gimp and the .dds plugin and have made some pictures. How do I import these files and use them as terrain?

Edit: hell, can anyone link me a GOOD tutorial of how to make a custom unit? I want to make a bunker that looks like an igloo.



None.

Aug 7 2010, 10:03 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

You can copy/paste terrain, so if you make one of the edges look the way you want it, you can copy it on all 4 sides.

To import files to use as terrain, I believe you have to use FaRTy's mod (I believe FaRTy made it) found at http://www.staredit.net/topic/11344/

To make a Bunker that looks like an igloo, you basically just have to find a good model of an igloo and use it to replace the Bunker actor's model.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Aug 7 2010, 6:38 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #3



Quote from DevliN
You can copy/paste terrain, so if you make one of the edges look the way you want it, you can copy it on all 4 sides.

To import files to use as terrain, I believe you have to use FaRTy's mod (I believe FaRTy made it) found at http://www.staredit.net/topic/11344/

To make a Bunker that looks like an igloo, you basically just have to find a good model of an igloo and use it to replace the Bunker actor's model.
Thanks for the first 2 answers.

I know how to replace actors and stuff, make a marine look like a command center, etc. What I don't know is how to make it myself. Since SC2 is "3D", I'm guessing it's more than a 2d mspaint picture.

Edit: Any way that galaxy editor imports .dds terrain files? Or is farty's program the only way?



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
[06:12 am]
NudeRaider -- with proper backups he wouldn't need to search his powerpoints.
[02:41 am]
Symmetry -- The savagery
[02:40 am]
Ultraviolet -- doesn't exist :shifty:
[02:22 am]
Symmetry -- FROM THE CREATOR OF REINDEER BREEDING AND REINDEER BREEDING 2: THE HUNT FOR EX'S PP https://scmscx.com/map/yDYY52cc
[2026-10-05. : 6:14 am]
NimoStar -- But even if she wasn't, the whole NSDAP stormtrooper wing was gay-led back then
[2026-10-05. : 6:13 am]
NimoStar -- rainbow mafia? That gal is like against gay rights (even if she is a lesbian) for example adoption
[2026-10-03. : 7:42 pm]
Symmetry -- Everybody needs somebody to hate, amirite?
[2026-10-03. : 6:57 pm]
Ultraviolet -- even the rainbow mafia is getting accused of being far right now :lol:
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Mr.BurnLiquid