Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Unit Clicked Trigger
Unit Clicked Trigger
Aug 6 2010, 10:53 pm
By: Salvador  

Aug 6 2010, 10:53 pm Salvador Post #1



So, I thought I'd make something simple to dip my toes into SC2 modding, so I'm making a game called "Whack-A-Roach." The premise is simple - click on a roach and it pops.

The problem is, my Unit Clicked trigger doesn't seem to be working. I have a screenshot of my trigger attached.

I will note that my Unit Selected trigger does work, but that's not ideal as the players could drag a box for unit selection, making the game much too easy!

Attachments:
trigger example.jpg
Hits: 8 Size: 22.45kb



None.

Aug 6 2010, 11:03 pm Devourer Post #2

Hello

Triggering Unit is the unit that runs the trigger, therefore triggering player might work. Unsure about triggering unit, but it apparently doesn't work.
Do something like this:
pick each unit in unit-group ( selected units by player 1)
-> kill Picked Unit



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 6 2010, 11:34 pm Salvador Post #3



I don't think that's the problem, though. The problem seems to be that it never registers clicking on a unit. I have tried simply spawning a text string (Text Tag - Create Text Tag) when I click a unit too, but it doesn't do that either.



None.

Aug 6 2010, 11:59 pm Devourer Post #4

Hello

Ya, I just tested it. This event is not working at all, apparently.

Use the event "Unit is selected", this should work and it does not repeat all the time. It only runs once when you selected the / a unit.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 7 2010, 12:45 am Temp Post #5



You need to disable the cannot be clicked flag in the data editor on the unit.



None.

Aug 7 2010, 12:52 am Salvador Post #6



I thought it might be something like that! Thanks, I'll try that directly, then edit this post with my results.

Edit: Excellent, it worked! 1000 cool points to Temp!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 7 2010, 1:04 am by Salvador.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet