Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Help me with a new map?
Help me with a new map?
Aug 6 2010, 2:52 pm
By: psilous  

Aug 6 2010, 2:52 pm psilous Post #1



I just finished my first map...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/psilocyb3/de_neotokyoto_screenies/screenie_pfm1-1.jpg

It's a fastest Micro..

Although, It won't allow me to open to the public when I attempt to host it.. I've hosted other maps and i can make them public games easily.

Have I done something wrong when making this? What would be the reason I can't host this map as an open to public game?



None.

Aug 7 2010, 1:14 pm Devourer Post #2

Hello

When you are uploading, is there a failure? if so, in the "file transfer window", on the bottom, it provides you with an error message, please tell us what stands in there.
Also, ensure that you've got enough space and a free map slow, you can have a max of five maps published the same time. In order to delete one, go to file -> manage published



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 7 2010, 1:25 pm Aristocrat Post #3



Just in case: Make sure you actually have a legitimate copy of StarCraft 2; you cannot publish unless you actually have a battle.net account linked to a valid purchase of SC2. and Beta keys will obviously no longer work. Never mind, didn't see the "he is able to host other maps" part.

He did say it's his first map so it's likely not publishing space.



None.

Aug 7 2010, 2:02 pm Devourer Post #4

Hello

Don't forget that he may also have downloaded maps from databases and published them but not him as an author^^



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 8 2010, 2:59 am psilous Post #5



It's not a publishing problem (as far as I know)

Just that when I host it online.. the 'make game public' option is greyed out and deactivated. (like it wont let me host a public game, i can only host games that i invite friends or people too)

besides that, the map runs fine (just a little fast for my tastes)



None.

Aug 8 2010, 11:47 am Devourer Post #6

Hello

Ah! This happens when, while publishing using the editor, you say "Private" instead of "Public". Check that



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 8 2010, 1:01 pm psilous Post #7



Oh.. lol.. wow, now i just feel dumb


Thanks alot man~! works perfect now!

look for the map on b.net~!

psilos_fastestmicro1.4 (is map name)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet