Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Reaver Model
Reaver Model
Aug 3 2010, 5:17 am
By: Alzarath  

Aug 3 2010, 5:17 am Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

So because I really don't feel like waiting 2-4 years for LotV to come out just to get a Reaver model, could someone convert a WC3 model to M3 for me? I have no idea how to do it, I've tried and failed many times. Maybe some more artistic, model-literate people can do it.

Reaver Model

Else Probert will forever* be doomed to 'on-hold'ness.

*'till I can get a Reaver model



None.

Aug 3 2010, 5:31 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

That's a horrible model, pity I don't have enough time on a computer to make you a nice one.

To convert, you have to use max and the wc3 scripts to convert that to .max or .3ds or whatever, then use NiNtoxicated's .m3 export script to export it to SC2's format.
If you don't have max, you're stuffed.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 3 2010, 5:42 am Alzarath Post #3

Praetor

That's why I'm asking for others to do it. And notice that it was made for WC3. I think it's pretty good for a custom model made for an older game. :\



None.

Aug 3 2010, 5:57 am Lanthanide Post #4



Everyone on the model thread page seemed to think it was awesome. Then again WC3 is quite an old game.



None.

Aug 3 2010, 6:07 am Alzarath Post #5

Praetor

So would someone be able to port it over for me? ^.^



None.

Aug 3 2010, 2:10 pm Devourer Post #6

Hello

Indeed, this model is horrible and, except for the shape, I would not recognice this as a reaver of starcraft. This sucks.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 3 2010, 6:23 pm Alzarath Post #7

Praetor

I'm not asking for criticism on someones model, I'm asking for a conversion. Unless you 1) Want to convert it, or 2) Make one better for SC2, then feel free to keep your opinions to yourself.

EDIT: I'm getting help from someone at SC2Mapster, He's converted the model and added animations, so I'll not need it converted. Of course, making a better model of it is still up for grabs. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 3 2010, 9:42 pm by Artanis186.



None.

Aug 6 2010, 7:05 am KrayZee Post #8



Quote from Jack
That's a horrible model, pity I don't have enough time on a computer to make you a nice one.

To convert, you have to use max and the wc3 scripts to convert that to .max or .3ds or whatever, then use NiNtoxicated's .m3 export script to export it to SC2's format.
If you don't have max, you're stuffed.

Quote from Devourer
Indeed, this model is horrible and, except for the shape, I would not recognice this as a reaver of starcraft. This sucks.
Jeez, why so harsh on a 6 year old model from an 8 year old game?

Secondly, Artanis186 is asking for a Reaver model in SC2...


Artans186, the model should look like the early render of the reaver. http://starcraft.incgamers.com/wiki/Reaver



None.

Aug 6 2010, 11:57 am Alzarath Post #9

Praetor

I'd like to get a model like that, but I can't make models and idk who would be willing to make it. Let alone skilled enough to make it look good.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet