Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Create Custome Unit Palette
Create Custome Unit Palette
Aug 3 2010, 1:53 am
By: Septhiroth  

Aug 3 2010, 1:53 am Septhiroth Post #1



When I created a Custom Unit it didnt appear on the unit palette nor was I able to add an actor to it from selecting the tokens. Did i do something wrong?



None.

Aug 3 2010, 3:03 am payne Post #2

:payne:

When I used to try to create units, I'd simply copy completely everything from an already-existing unit and would change things from there.
Have you tried to start from nothing? :O



None.

Aug 3 2010, 3:52 am Septhiroth Post #3



Well I didnt duplicate the object unit but I did a "Copy from" Command.



None.

Aug 3 2010, 6:32 am Septhiroth Post #4



Ok i think i found the problem. Apparently I cannot make custom units because of the existence of the decprencies from the campaign and story mode. Is there anyway i can get around that?



None.

Aug 3 2010, 6:34 am DevliN Post #5

Woah

If you duplicate units, it should work around that. I was having that issue as well with a map I'm making, and that was the best solution I could come up with.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Aug 3 2010, 12:03 pm payne Post #6

:payne:

decprendies = dependencies?
If so, you should be aware that you can select to include all of them in your map, which should solve your problem, as far as I know. :O



None.

Aug 3 2010, 3:01 pm Temp Post #7



For stuff you add in the data editor to show up in the editor selection (or to be reflected on the map in the editor) you need to reload the map :/



None.

Aug 4 2010, 8:04 am Septhiroth Post #8



I got it working. Thanks



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet