Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Locations/????
Locations/????
Aug 2 2010, 3:36 am
By: LoveMeleemaps  

Aug 2 2010, 3:36 am LoveMeleemaps Post #1



I used to make maps in sc/bw but not in this new sc2 map editor. Can't seem to find out were to get the locations. Or is their any? Were in the editor do you find locations?



None.

Aug 2 2010, 4:36 am payne Post #2

:payne:

Locations in Galaxy Editor are named 'Regions'.
Press 'R' and you'll find them.
You can also click on "Region" in the "Layer" tab (menu at the top).



None.

Aug 2 2010, 8:14 pm Devourer Post #3

Hello

Hint: for many things in triggers "Points" are now used. For example, you now create units on Points but you can still have stuff like "Enters LOCATION" or "Range of point", they both are important and extremely useful.
Another hint: if you want to create units in a location without a point do this:
create 1 unit at (center of location(location)), ignore placement. :)



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 2 2010, 8:50 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

Questions:
1) What does the "ignore placement" part do?
2) Are there some situations where the use of Point is required because Regions wouldn't work, and vice-versa?



None.

Aug 2 2010, 9:07 pm Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
2) Are there some situations where the use of Point is required because Regions wouldn't work, and vice-versa?
You can get points out of regions and regions out of points. It just which data type you need.

The only difference would be a 3 dimensional point.




Aug 2 2010, 9:37 pm Devourer Post #6

Hello

Ignore Placement will simply ensure that the unit will be spawned, at any cost, there will never be an error like "unplaceable, couldn't be placed" or whatsoever. They will start stacked but spread asap. Buildings will be stacked permanently, it's like in the editor hold down Shift and place units. I guess that's exactly how the ignore placement action handels the placing.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 2 2010, 10:52 pm payne Post #7

:payne:

Quote from Devourer
Ignore Placement will simply ensure that the unit will be spawned, at any cost, there will never be an error like "unplaceable, couldn't be placed" or whatsoever. They will start stacked but spread asap. Buildings will be stacked permanently, it's like in the editor hold down Shift and place units. I guess that's exactly how the ignore placement action handels the placing.
Ah! So you can place units via triggers in the lowest level of terrain? Could be interesting! :P



None.

Aug 3 2010, 6:16 am LoveMeleemaps Post #8



thanks wasn't sure what region and points were for. thanks for the help



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet