Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Text strings and Cargo max increase
[SOLVED] Text strings and Cargo max increase
Jul 31 2010, 5:54 pm
By: Undead-Fox  

Jul 31 2010, 5:54 pm Undead-Fox Post #1



So, I'm trying to get a hang of the editor here, going through settings and trying to fiddle around and figure it all out and I can't seem to find how to do this...
So, I followed THIS tutorial on how to give a unit shields and the like, and I understand the reference to a text key, but I have no idea how to add it in to the text module. I can edit existing strings just fine, but I don't know how to add in another one.

Another question is, how does one edit the maximum cargo size of things like tbe Bunker and Command Center?
I tried looking at how the Neosteel Frame upgrade does it, but it seems to reference to things I can't find in the unit editor or anything.
All I see is the cargosize, which tells how much space it takes up if it was itself put inside something, so, obviously I must be looking in the wrong place for editing this... I just have no idea where it's pointing to.

Any help is appreciated.
This map editor is advanced out the ying-yang and has one hell of a learning curve, but I'm determined to figure out how to use it well. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 1 2010, 4:23 am by Undead-Fox.



None.

Jul 31 2010, 7:03 pm arkla Post #2




i think it's this stuff here
what the difference between cargo count max and cargo space is, however, i am not certain



None.

Jul 31 2010, 7:24 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

I -think- Cargo Max is the maximum number of units that can enter the bunker and Cargo Space makes the number of units that can enter it based on their size.
For example, just think of the fact that a Medivac can enter 8 Marines, but only 1 Ultralisk... because 1 marine = 1 space, and 1 ultralisk = 8 space.
Though I am not sure. ^^



None.

Jul 31 2010, 7:52 pm Undead-Fox Post #4



No no no, for the cargo size, I'm trying to find WHERE the Cargo max setting is located at. I know how to alter the sizes, but not the count.
Like I said, I tried to look where/what the upgrade Neosteel Frame was pointing to to give it's upgrade of two slots to the Bunker and such, but it seemed to be pointing to a place non-editable, which, with this editor, seems silly to say.

I'm not asking about Neosteel Frame, or how I can change it to do various things, I'm asking how to change the bunker itself.

--

Also, my question about the text mode in the editor still remains, please. ^_^



None.

Jul 31 2010, 8:18 pm arkla Post #5



oh, right
easy :D

neosteel points to the ability: bunker load-unload[bunker], so we go

bunker-abilities-load-unload[bunker]

then the stats tab
EDIT: as for the text thing, no idea
if i have any more info after checking that tutorial, i'll holler
EDIT2: shield armour name is at the bottom of the UI tab, under life armour name

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 31 2010, 8:31 pm by arkla.



None.

Aug 1 2010, 1:24 am Undead-Fox Post #6



Quote from arkla
EDIT: as for the text thing, no idea
if i have any more info after checking that tutorial, i'll holler
EDIT2: shield armour name is at the bottom of the UI tab, under life armour name

Thank you so much for help with the bunker.

But again, my words are being missed. :P
I'm not looking for the Shield Armor Name for the Protoss Shields,
I'm trying to figure out how to add in another text string to point to.
If you go in to add shields or something to any unit without shields, if you don't point it to a name for the shields,
then it'll always show up as 'Unknown' when you hover over it in-game.

So what I'm trying to add into the text module, is a string that states is located as 'Unit/ShieldArmorName/TerranShields' or something like that, and in that string would be
the actual name of the shields that show up when you hover over it in-game.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 1 2010, 1:46 am by Undead-Fox.



None.

Aug 1 2010, 1:48 am arkla Post #7



heh,



>_>
:bleh:
EDIT:*those boxes i cropped maybe a bit overzelously is where i said before- the UI tab, near the bottom



None.

Aug 1 2010, 1:56 am Undead-Fox Post #8



Quote from arkla
heh,



>_>
:bleh:
EDIT:*those boxes i cropped maybe a bit overzelously is where i said before- the UI tab, near the bottom

Again, thank you a ton.
I had figured there would be a way to actually add in an entry into the Text module, rather than doing it elsewhere, THEN editing it in the text module.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet