Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Changing the sight field of a unit?
Changing the sight field of a unit?
Jul 27 2010, 2:42 am
By: Devourer  

Jul 27 2010, 2:42 am Devourer Post #1

Hello

I want a unit not to be able to see stuff behind him, only in front of it (certainly relative to where the unit is looking)... is it possible?



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 27 2010, 1:09 pm Temp Post #2



It does not seem to be possible to edit a units sight into an arc. If this is possible through some other means (triggers or something) it would be very difficult.



None.

Aug 8 2010, 5:01 pm Submiqent Post #3



If you can move a sight blocker like the grass/smoke from vanilla sc2 with triggers and place it behind the hero every frame, you might be able to do something. Otherwise I dunno.



None.

Aug 9 2010, 9:05 am Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Maybe you can just move a region in front of the unit which provides vision.




Aug 9 2010, 5:31 pm Temp Post #5



I feel dumb for not doing this before, I was trying to hard to make it arc like. Here is a demo map where a unit can only ever see in front of itself. I'm working on something a little better as well.

Edit: Slightly better version attached.

Attachments:
Vision.SC2Map
Hits: 4 Size: 169.3kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 9 2010, 5:42 pm by Temp.



None.

Aug 9 2010, 9:47 pm Devourer Post #6

Hello

Ha! this is really impressive, thanks a lot, dude :)

And easy to make, I have no idea why this did not come to my mind :P



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 10 2010, 3:53 am payne Post #7

:payne:

Quote from Temp
I feel dumb for not doing this before, I was trying to hard to make it arc like. Here is a demo map where a unit can only ever see in front of itself. I'm working on something a little better as well.

Edit: Slightly better version attached.
Not sure because I do not have access to the editor yet, but I believe you've just solved the Problem #13.
http://www.staredit.net/topic/11886/



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet