Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Duplicating a Photon Cannon
Duplicating a Photon Cannon
Jul 25 2010, 2:41 am
By: Kimaru2  

Jul 25 2010, 2:41 am Kimaru2 Post #1



Hey, so I started following a tutorial on youtube on how to create a simple Tower Defense map. Everything works perfectly except for one thing: the photon cannon animation. I duplicated the photon cannon in the data editor and renamed the duplicate: Basic Cannon. I can create the cannon in-game just fine, but when it goes to shoot something, the middle portion of its model turns completely white or completely black and doesn't shoot anything. Its head thing still bobs back and forth as if it's firing something, but nothing comes out and the target is not damaged. Hopefully you can identify this problem for me :bye1:

Attachments:
TestDefense.SC2Map
Hits: 2 Size: 195.27kb



None.

Jul 26 2010, 6:23 am BeDazed Post #2



Maybe you need to set a weapons animation for your duplicate.



None.

Jul 26 2010, 8:10 am Kimaru2 Post #3



Quote from BeDazed
Maybe you need to set a weapons animation for your duplicate.

I already tried that.



None.

Jul 30 2010, 11:23 pm Cheese Post #4



I think what you need to do is duplicate the weapon first (and the Missile unit if it is a missile)
then duplicate the cannon and apply the new weapon to the cannon, it works better that way.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet