Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Mokse's attempt
Mokse's attempt
Jul 18 2010, 4:59 am
By: payne  

Jul 18 2010, 4:59 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I had an idea about making a terrain piece without using the Terrain layer: only the Doodad one. I tried it in Impossible Quantum - a very quick and small attempt at it and it turned out not that bad, so I simply asked to someone more competent to develop on the idea with some huge Giant Rocks doodads with other doodads place on it with the Height value being modified.
Well, it turned -FUCKING- awesome.

Here is Mokse's attempt (from sc2mapster):



Those screenshots were made by Mokse. He has sent me the map and I modified a bit the Lightning. Here's what it gave:


If anyone wants to give it a shot, just ask for the map, I'll be glad to share it. =)

Attachments:
rock island.SC2Map
Hits: 13 Size: 99.98kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 24 2010, 2:09 am by payne.



None.

Jul 18 2010, 3:50 pm Vi3t-X Post #2



Not that bad. Can you walk on it without walking into the water?



None.

Jul 18 2010, 4:52 pm Centreri Post #3

Relatively ancient and inactive

lolno

That rock doesn't even have collision, the trees just had changed height.



None.

Jul 22 2010, 1:29 am LoveLess Post #4

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Centreri
lolno

That rock doesn't even have collision, the trees just had changed height.
Just change the height value of units on it and add custom collision. Problem solved, epic terrain?



None.

Jul 22 2010, 1:45 am Centreri Post #5

Relatively ancient and inactive

Add custom collision? Lol



None.

Jul 22 2010, 1:57 pm Devourer Post #6

Hello

Quote from Centreri
Add custom collision? Lol
Isn't it impossible to create custom 3d collisions especially for so irregular stuff like that?



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 22 2010, 4:16 pm Centreri Post #7

Relatively ancient and inactive

Probably. But until someone tells me how, "Just add custom collision" is greatly oversimplifying it. If I were to guess at how it would have to be done, I'd say heavily-edited textureless terrain. Good luck with that.



None.

Jul 24 2010, 12:48 am LoveLess Post #8

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Okay, say said Doodad is floating in the air and you wanna walk on it, like our example here. Go to the pathing layer, edit where units can and cant go with that pretty red box crap. Now, when your unit that still has ground collision even though he is suspended in the air, he will walk around like it is normal. This might be a taxing endeavor, but it sounds like it would work fine in theory. It would seem as though you are really walking on it like a viable piece of terrain.



None.

Jul 24 2010, 1:59 am Centreri Post #9

Relatively ancient and inactive

Err... unless you can make a mesh of pathing like that, it's useless. That terrain changes elevation, some parts can't be walked on because they're too steep, etc. Again, good luck. ;o



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet