Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Terrain
Terrain
Jul 11 2010, 7:54 pm
By: Jesusfreak  

Jul 11 2010, 7:54 pm Jesusfreak Post #1



I finally got SC2 to work, and I tried fiddling around with the editor a bit. Here's my first attempt:


(Yes, this is the only thing I've done so far, everything is on that screen)

How does it look?

EDIT: Fixed pic XD



None.

Jul 11 2010, 10:04 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

Apples gives it a funny feel. XD
What are your graphical settings? :O
And take a look at this: http://www.staredit.net/topic/11588/.



None.

Jul 11 2010, 10:38 pm Jesusfreak Post #3



I dunno what my graphical settings are... ingame, it's set to "Low" by default, so I would assume that's what it would be with the editor.


I've re-read the Terraining Tips thread, but I still don't see anything particularly helpful. It doesn't even say how to do most of the stuff.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 11 2010, 10:49 pm by Jesusfreak.



None.

Jul 11 2010, 11:02 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

I find it quite useful to know how to switch the Variations of doodads without having to click and undo or look at properties.
I save a lot of precious minutes with all those tips. ;o



None.

Jul 11 2010, 11:18 pm Jesusfreak Post #5



Well, it's good for that, but, for example, telling me that editing the height of palm trees to make ferns isn't really useful if I don't know how to edit height (or where the heck the palm tree doodad is, for that matter... so many doodads to look through XD).



None.

Jul 12 2010, 2:19 am payne Post #6

:payne:

Quote
Reducing the size of palm trees (Tree - Bel'Shir) and lowering their height creates good ferns (Image).
Quote
"PgUp" and "PgDn" changes the height of an already-placed doodad.
"+" and "-", on the numpad, changes the size of an already-placed doodad.
I give the name of the doodad, can't be more precise.



None.

Jul 12 2010, 2:37 am Jesusfreak Post #7



I tried to use the + and - thing to change doodad size a couple times, but it never worked. Do I need to enable something or something?



None.

Jul 12 2010, 3:55 am payne Post #8

:payne:

The doodad must be placed.
From there, you select the doodad and press +/-.



None.

Jul 12 2010, 5:02 pm Jesusfreak Post #9



By the way, is this, like, an unfinished beta version of the editor? There's some features in there that they said they would have that I can't find (namely, I could have sworn they said that you'd be able to use old SC1 units and novelty units like the Tauren Marine. Also, the Foilage thing never seems to work.).

EDIT: Anyways, back to the topic - what can I do to make my jungle piece better? I see pieces done by other people, and they just look so much more realistic... (granted, the other pieces I'm looking at are all mountains, I've never seen anyone do a jungle XD).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 12 2010, 5:08 pm by Jesusfreak.



None.

Jul 12 2010, 6:27 pm payne Post #10

:payne:

1) Remove those apples.
2) More trees for a jungle.
3) Trees placed in the editor do not vary much in height, while they do in the jungle. Have fun with that.

Btw, to see foliage, you need a minimum of Terrain quality in settings.



None.

Jul 12 2010, 10:55 pm Jesusfreak Post #11



How do I make the trees taller without making them wider? I take it from the "have fun with that" that it's not possible? >_<

Also, should I remove the banana bunch and the easter egg too?



None.

Jul 13 2010, 12:30 am payne Post #12

:payne:

I do not think it is possible to make trees taller without making them wider. ;o
And yes, remove those.



None.

Jul 13 2010, 7:54 pm Swampfox Post #13



In reference to the "making trees taller" thing, this is very much possible. Find the actor for the tree doodad and find the "Scale" or "Random Scale Variation" options or something.... Just change the Z to what you want it to be.

I'm sorry if that is very vague, I don't have the editor in front of me right now.



None.

Jul 13 2010, 8:15 pm payne Post #14

:payne:

Quote from Swampfox
In reference to the "making trees taller" thing, this is very much possible. Find the actor for the tree doodad and find the "Scale" or "Random Scale Variation" options or something.... Just change the Z to what you want it to be.

I'm sorry if that is very vague, I don't have the editor in front of me right now.
Lol, you're so right!
I feel dumb. XD



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet