Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Camera Troubles
Camera Troubles
Jun 30 2010, 10:04 am
By: (U)Bolt_Head  

Jun 30 2010, 10:04 am (U)Bolt_Head Post #1



Hello All.
I have applied a camera that is set to follow a unit. That works just fine but when my unit goes near the edge of a cliff the camera pans upwards so it is above the cliff. How do I prevent this from happening?

I imagine I could probably use a periodic timer and move the camera manually but when I do this the camera gets really shaky and I'd just rather not use a periodic if I can avoid it.

Thanks for your help.



None.

Jul 1 2010, 7:12 am Devourer Post #2

Hello

As there was no answer for many hours yet I will post what could work but never tested:
always set the camera's distance to X?



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 2 2010, 5:47 am (U)Bolt_Head Post #3



Doubt it but i'll try it anyways when I get back home.

I was having trouble with the distance of the camera from the unit when I was having the camera follow the unit as the height changed. Not exactly sure what it was doing but I'd probably have to crack down on the Trig to get it to work correctly.
My guess was that the camera distance or 'lookat' was based on the unit's location on the terrain. (Changing a units height seems to only change the height of the actor)
But instead I created an actor less unit and I ordered it the the same location as my controllable unit.

Someone had mentioned something regarding 'smart panning' in the data editor but I was not able to determine what camera to edit. Once I applied a new camera it I couldn't figure out how change the data editor properties.

Thanks for the reply =)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet