Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Leaderboard
Leaderboard
Jun 25 2010, 4:12 pm
By: Devourer  

Jun 25 2010, 4:12 pm Devourer Post #1

Hello

How do I make a working leaderboard which refreshes automatically and displays the "units killed score" of the players.
My attempt failed for some reasons, also, is "destroy leaderboard" bugged for all of you?



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 25 2010, 8:29 pm DavidJCobb Post #2



AFAIK there is no way to hide a leaderboard, and AFAIK leaderboards are always auto-updating without the need for trigger-based involvement. I'll edit this post with the specific trigger action(s).

LEADERBOARD (POINTS)
Show leaderboard for most kills.
Display label: <label>.



None.

Jun 25 2010, 8:32 pm Aristocrat Post #3



Quote from DavidJCobb
AFAIK there is no way to hide a leaderboard, and AFAIK leaderboards are always auto-updating without the need for trigger-based involvement. I'll edit this post with the specific trigger action(s).

LEADERBOARD (POINTS)
Show leaderboard for most kills.
Display label: <label>.

Starcraft 2, man.

I know that leaderboards work; I've seen it used in one of those 9000 cannon defense maps, but I can't find the file :(



None.

Jun 25 2010, 8:33 pm DavidJCobb Post #4



Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from DavidJCobb
AFAIK there is no way to hide a leaderboard, and AFAIK leaderboards are always auto-updating without the need for trigger-based involvement. I'll edit this post with the specific trigger action(s).

LEADERBOARD (POINTS)
Show leaderboard for most kills.
Display label: <label>.

Starcraft 2, man.
Wait, this is...?

*checks*

Shit. :><:



None.

Jun 25 2010, 8:34 pm Devourer Post #5

Hello

lol'd.
Make sure in which forum you are posting.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 25 2010, 8:42 pm The Starport Post #6



There's no SC2 forum label visible from inside the thread that I can see. It only says "Staredit Network » Triggers".



None.

Jun 26 2010, 3:32 pm Ahli Post #7

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Initialization

Updating

things I don't know:
-add player to leaderboard [sense?]
-how to use the minimize button? always screwed my leaderboard.
-I didn't try to move it somewhere else.




Jun 26 2010, 3:41 pm Devourer Post #8

Hello

What is the UNIT SCORE item like in sc1? (kill score)
I basically want to create a leaderboard displaying a player's killscore, like in sc1.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 26 2010, 4:05 pm Demented Shaman Post #9



Just use the player score value function and set the leaderboard to that. It's simple.



None.

Jun 26 2010, 4:12 pm Devourer Post #10

Hello

I know player score, but what score type exactly?
There is stuff like APM and Gas gathered by killing units and all that.
What is for killing socre?



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 26 2010, 4:25 pm Demented Shaman Post #11



It's obviously Point Value for Units Killed.



None.

Jun 26 2010, 4:30 pm Devourer Post #12

Hello

but this didn't work for me, can make a trigger which really works? (post it)



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 26 2010, 4:37 pm Demented Shaman Post #13



It works for me, I just tested it.



None.

Jun 26 2010, 4:43 pm Devourer Post #14

Hello

Quote from Devourer
but this didn't work for me, can you make a trigger which really works? (post it)
Please? :)



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 27 2010, 2:59 am (U)Bolt_Head Post #15



I think this is the kind of thing you might need. I'm sure there are different ways to do it too.

Create a global varables
GlobalVar - Leaderboard - 'leaderboardVar' = NULL

FIRST TRIGGER
LocalVar - INT - 'i' = 0
=============================
Events - Map Init
==============================
Actions
- Create Leaderboard with 2 columns and 8 rows //(say you have 8 players)
- Variable set 'leaderboardVar' to (last created leaderboard)
- Repeat Actions 8 times.
--- Modify Variable 'i' + 1
--- Set Leaderboard Item Text at Column 1 Row 'i' to (Name of Player 'i')
--- Set Leaderboard Item Text at Column 2 Row 'i' to 0
//End Repeat Actions Loop

SECOND TRIGGER
======================
Events - Unit Any Unit Dies
======================
Actions
- Set ('leaderboardVar') item text at Column (2) row (KillingPlayer) to (Real2Text(Player(KillingPlayer) (Point Value of Units Killed) score)) with 0 decimal places)



None.

Jun 27 2010, 3:04 am Demented Shaman Post #16



Yea, that's pretty much what I had for the second trigger. I think I used an int to text though and it worked.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet