Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Pathing problem
Pathing problem
Jun 15 2010, 6:38 am
By: Centreri  

Jun 15 2010, 6:38 am Centreri Post #1

Relatively ancient and inactive

I'm working on a map, Mech Combat. Those who tried the demo might've noted that it's impossible for the mech (controlled by ESDF movement) to hit a free, because the pathing automatically turns the mech slightly right before the tree to avoid collision. I'd like to remove that, so players would have to be careful not to hit rocks and trees. I really have no idea how this would be done.



None.

Jun 15 2010, 8:28 am Temp Post #2



Remove the footprint from the actor



None.

Jun 15 2010, 3:22 pm Centreri Post #3

Relatively ancient and inactive

I am unable to find the footprint. The Actor consists of models and sounds, and the configuration page contains no "footprint".



None.

Jun 15 2010, 3:31 pm Temp Post #4



Are you editing the tree actor? Doodad actors do have footprints.



None.

Jun 15 2010, 4:52 pm Centreri Post #5

Relatively ancient and inactive

Oh, tree actor. I was doing it for the unit. Hrrm.

EDIT: Removing the footprint removes all collision. I need collision but no around-it-pathing.



None.

Jun 16 2010, 12:58 am Temp Post #6



As far as I can tell there is no collision, only pathing. You would probably need to use your own collision detection using regions.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet