Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Thors animation and ability
Thors animation and ability
Jun 14 2010, 5:48 pm
By: KooKsTeR  

Jun 14 2010, 5:48 pm KooKsTeR Post #1



2 questions that I havent been able to find the answer yet, help would be appreciated. I know how to do morphs and all but the thing is i dont know how to do the animation commands yet so I figured I would ask.
do you know how to make the thors ability more like siege mode?
do you know how to make the range of the thors ability farther?



None.

Jun 14 2010, 5:59 pm KooKsTeR Post #2



i guess if I could take off the time limit that would work and if it target dies it morphs back. Cause i know how to change the energy cost.



None.

Jun 15 2010, 10:04 pm Cole Post #3



To create an ability like the siege tank you would have to create a unit that can't move, and have increased range. Then morph the Thor to the unit. You could also probably get away with this with an ability -> apply behavior effect -> behavior buff that modifies unit.

In order to have animation you would have to animate it yourself.



None.

Jun 16 2010, 3:30 pm Biophysicist Post #4



Quote
In order to have animation you would have to animate it yourself.
Which you can't (yet): The .m3 importer doesn't support animations.



None.

Jun 16 2010, 10:53 pm KooKsTeR Post #5



thats why i was hoping we could just alter the thors ability to do this. I know how to remove the energy cost. There are two other issues, the fact the ability is timed, and when its target is no longer valid it morphs back. So how do we remove the time, and the auto end?



None.

Jun 16 2010, 11:36 pm Temp Post #6



In order to do what you want you will need to use a morph. You would morph the thor into another unit with the thor model but with a different actor and it's weapon changed to use the strike cannons effect. You will need to edit the events on the actors to change when the animations play. You would need to play the morph animations when morphing to/from this modified thor and you need to modify the WeaponStart/WeaponStop events to play the strike cannon animations instead of the regular attack ones.



None.

Jun 17 2010, 6:36 pm KooKsTeR Post #7



I dont know how to do the animation stuff, I know how to do the morph stuff and weapon stuff.



None.

Jun 17 2010, 8:57 pm Temp Post #8



All the animation stuff is under the events for the actor. If you look at the events for the thor actor you can see generally how its set up. There are events and then effects (not necessarily animations). To do what you want you will be just modifying events, so find the animation you want (by looking for the event it would currently be under) and modify to be the event you want the animation to play/end under.



None.

Jun 17 2010, 11:12 pm KooKsTeR Post #9



i wonder if i can copy the events from its ability, because it has the animation is order.



None.

Jun 18 2010, 2:02 am Syphon Post #10



Quote from Biophysicist
Quote
In order to have animation you would have to animate it yourself.
Which you can't (yet): The .m3 importer doesn't support animations.

If you're talking about the 3rd party tool, it does now.



None.

Jun 18 2010, 2:07 am KooKsTeR Post #11



Quote from Syphon
Quote from Biophysicist
Quote
In order to have animation you would have to animate it yourself.
Which you can't (yet): The .m3 importer doesn't support animations.

If you're talking about the 3rd party tool, it does now.
3rd party tool? Didn't know there were any already, can I get a link to it please.



None.

Jun 18 2010, 2:11 am Biophysicist Post #12



It does? GET.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet