Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Text message for triggering player?
Text message for triggering player?
Jun 11 2010, 9:44 pm
By: Xesh  

Jun 11 2010, 9:44 pm Xesh Post #1



I need a small message detailing an event to happen FOR TRIGGERING PLAYER ONLY!

I'm using Text message but there is no "triggering player"..what should i be using?



None.

Jun 11 2010, 9:48 pm poison_us Post #2

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

If basically anything happens for only one player, it'll drop him from any other player.
I actually have no idea what you're asking about, and that's my best guess. Details are your friend.





Jun 11 2010, 10:06 pm Biophysicist Post #3



What's the triggering event?



None.

Jun 11 2010, 10:07 pm Xesh Post #4



fine..then:

Unit enters within 1.0 of (Point)

Warp Unit
Pan Camera
--Display Text message: "You entered this place"

But only for that one player. . . whats the best way to give the player a Heads up on this information without telling everyone else?



None.

Jun 11 2010, 10:12 pm poison_us Post #5

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

...Whoops, ventured into SCII on accident...

In any case, if it's like SCI, you can't have a unit in different places in two different versions of the game. Again, for SCI, all players, current player brings at least 1 unit. Something similar, I hope, is used in SCII. :bye1:





Jun 11 2010, 10:12 pm Temp Post #6



The display text message action has a player group parameter. The player group contains the players that will receive the message. If you want to send to only one player use the function Convert player to player group



None.

Jun 11 2010, 10:18 pm Xesh Post #7



Thankyou, testing now...

EDIT: SO WAIT, I HAVE TO CREATE A FUNCTION FOR THIS BS?

god damnit SC2..



None.

Jun 11 2010, 10:56 pm 13Stallion Post #8



Since you can't use triggering player for this event(since a unit is triggering the event), use
-owner of unit (triggering unit)
- this will return the player owning the unit that enters the place

Display text message for player(owner of unit(triggering unit))

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 11 2010, 11:03 pm by 13Stallion.



None.

Jun 11 2010, 11:04 pm Xesh Post #9



Thankyou!

Damnit, 13Stallion, youre my best man!

edit: Change player to player group..then select triggering player!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 12 2010, 9:56 am by Xesh.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet