Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Global hotkey, a la Warp Gate
Global hotkey, a la Warp Gate
Jun 9 2010, 6:51 pm
By: Biophysicist  

Jun 9 2010, 6:51 pm Biophysicist Post #1



As you (hopefully) know, pressing "w" will select all of your Warp Gates. :hurr: I need to replicate this behavior for the Refinery, Assimilator, and Extractor, but with "p" instead of "w" and affecting all three types of structures. (Keep in mind that a player might control more than one type of gas structure if an ally leaves in a teamgame.) I don't see any "global hotkey" or similar field/behavior/anything, nor a trigger to assign one. Halp?



None.

Jun 9 2010, 8:21 pm Ashamed Post #2

Hear me Raor!!

I did something similar in my mass game
I made space = select all mass units.
I did this by added all of them to a player group, and have the select trigger just select the group not the unit.



None.

Jun 9 2010, 8:50 pm Biophysicist Post #3



Ah. Two things, though: One, doesn't using keypress detection cause massive lag? Two, I kinda want an icon like the one the Warp Gate has in the lower-right-hand corner. (What would be extremely awesome is if it showed the number of Refineries/Assimilators/Extractors with over 50 energy, sort of like how the Select All Warp Gates icon shows the number which are not in cooldown.)



None.

Aug 3 2010, 6:22 am Alzarath Post #4

Praetor

I have an idea for it. I'll test it out and get back to you.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet