Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Add a third cliff level
[SOLVED] Add a third cliff level
Jun 8 2010, 6:38 pm
By: Devourer  

Jun 8 2010, 6:38 pm Devourer Post #1

Hello

Right now, you can stack cliffs only twice, is there a way to add further levels? Would be awesome :)

Solved: See http://www.staredit.net/240828/

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 30 2010, 11:34 am by payne. Reason: Solved



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 8 2010, 6:52 pm Corbo Post #2

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Can't you "raise" the ground level?

That way you can lower the terrain to 0 again, make more cliffs and the cliffs on top of that So you have three levels. The lowered one, the normal one (cliffs) and the stacked cliffs ones.




fuck you all

Jun 8 2010, 7:04 pm ImagoDeo Post #3



Quote from Corbo
Can't you "raise" the ground level?

That way you can lower the terrain to 0 again, make more cliffs and the cliffs on top of that So you have three levels. The lowered one, the normal one (cliffs) and the stacked cliffs ones.

The lowest terrain setting cannot, by default, be walked or build on. I know it's weird, but that's how Blizz did it. I believe you would have to find the data in the editor or in some external program and directly copy the cliff data for another level. I've actually looked for it in the past and haven't found any terrain modification settings, so I'm not sure if it even exists in the base editor. You might have to use some data editor built specifically for the purpose, and there probably aren't any yet.



None.

Jun 8 2010, 7:12 pm Devourer Post #4

Hello

I also looked up but yet did not found something useful.
Please do not give me ... err... "advice" ;( I want a solution

Corbo, you misunderstood, I want it to get higher and I want (maybe) more than 3 levels

I just found this, but apparently I cannot add a new height :s
any way to change that? or to fuse two terrain-clifffs?


Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 8 2010, 7:20 pm by Devourer.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 9 2010, 12:47 am Swampfox Post #5



It is very easy to make your own cliffs. First, go to your terrain layer, and raise or lower the height of the terrain to your discretion so that it looks like a cliff. Maybe paint some different terrain textures on the cliffs to make it looks nice. Second, go to the pathing layer (H), and use the "No Pathing" pathing and paint over the cliffs to prevent units from being able to walk there.

I'm not sure if that's what you were looking for or wanted to hear, but if you simply want more levels..... there ya go.



None.

Jun 14 2010, 5:55 pm KooKsTeR Post #6



i dont think thats what he wanted but that seems like an ok work around



None.

Jun 16 2010, 4:32 pm Centreri Post #7

Relatively ancient and inactive

That's how Blizzard wants us to do it when not doing melee. It's more aesthetically pleasing. :P



None.

Jun 30 2010, 5:24 am (U)Bolt_Head Post #8



Well here is a idea to throw in there...

Anyway secret, is to make a ramp back down to the lower level and raise the terrain of the lower level to be equal with the top of the cliff. It's rather difficult to make it look good but if you have some height alteration then you can camouflage it well.

Also you may notice it in game as your character appears to be walking on flat ground but suddenly can't see up the terrain.

PS... what the heck is with this image bbcode real pain in the butt

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 30 2010, 5:31 am by (U)Bolt_Head.



None.

Jun 30 2010, 6:08 am Swampfox Post #9



So... you like... have upside down cliffs? I suppose that's one way of doing it!



None.

Jun 30 2010, 10:51 am Devourer Post #10

Hello

Nice idea and thanks, bolt :)



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Sep 17 2010, 6:22 pm ImagoDeo Post #11



Modifying unit sight can help fix the vision problems, and you can combine that with invisible LOS blockers to make the sight issue work perfectly. It's a lot of work, but it will work as though you have many more cliff levels.



None.

Sep 18 2010, 12:32 am payne Post #12

:payne:

Quote from ImagoDeo
Modifying unit sight can help fix the vision problems, and you can combine that with invisible LOS blockers to make the sight issue work perfectly. It's a lot of work, but it will work as though you have many more cliff levels.
Me wanna see proof-of-concept map! >:O



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Mr.BurnLiquid