Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: custom Terrain hotswapping
custom Terrain hotswapping
Jun 3 2010, 12:58 am
By: Xesh  

Jun 3 2010, 12:58 am Xesh Post #1



I'm swapping around textures for my map but...alot of stuff just wont show up. it doesnt even do anything.. the strange part is its all manmade tilesets (templefloor/metal/concrete)

what am i doing wrong? Is it because i have 4 wall types instead of 2?



None.

Jun 3 2010, 4:31 am ImagoDeo Post #2



Might have something to do with your settings. Double-check the toolbar to make sure you have the right things selected, and don't forget to check the lighting and speed of application.



None.

Jun 3 2010, 5:43 am Xesh Post #3



Well, pay mind to the fact that Grass templates or rock templates still work but anything metal or temple does not...even if its from different maps.

(exmaple, Xil Sand works but not Tarsonis Concrete but Korhal 5 works but not Korhal 1-3)

Edit: And yes i have saved and restarted my computer to check against this.



None.

Jun 3 2010, 7:00 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #4

👻 👾 👽 💪

Go into the Map->Map Textures thing in the menu bar at the top. Click the texture button in the right column and select the one you replaced it with.
.. Just play around in there. When you try to close it, it will inform you that the changes cannot be undone. Hit Yes.

EDIT: Or do you mean those textures don't show up, even if they are the default textures for that texture set?



TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 3 2010, 9:42 am Xesh Post #5



I mean that I would place it in my 'Terrain Texture Set's' as a custom tileset.

Tarsonic Dirt
Bel Shir Brush
Bel Shir Grass Dark
Korhal 5
Braxis Alpha Metal Detail
Tarsonis Dirt Rough


These 6 currently all work just fine... I am able to place them on my map with no problems whatsoever. When i add:
Tarsonis Concrete or...Anything else Braxis tileset, they just act like i am not performing an action. I click and drag as i would a regular brush stroke but nothing happens..not even an action..its not even invisible as if the file was wrong. Nothing happens, nothing at all. that is what i mean.

given 3 or some odd days to answer this question with little support It is in my judgement that the question is unanswerable.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 4 2010, 8:30 pm by Xesh.



None.

Jun 9 2010, 6:04 pm Atlos Post #6



Just noticed this now so you've probably already figured it out. I had the same problem. First I had to edit the Terrain Texture Sets in the data editor to put the correct ones I want on there. Then, like Farty said, I had to go to Map > Map Textures and change the second column accordingly. Any texture should work so I'm assuming you're missing a step.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet