Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Ordering Building of Strutures
Ordering Building of Strutures
May 30 2010, 9:18 am
By: Sperate  

May 30 2010, 9:18 am Sperate Post #1



I want to spawn a drone, then order it to morph into a structure (specificaly, a spore crawler). I have set the cost to train in the data editor to 0, and I have an overlord generate creep on the area that I want the structure to be created, but the drone just sits there.

Relevant actions:
Unit - Create 1 Drone for player 7 at Base Start using point facing (No Options)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to ( Move targeting Point 001) (Replace Existing Orders)
General - Wait 5.0 Game Time seconds
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to (Drone - Mutate into Spore Crawler targeting Point 001) (After Existing Orders)


(yes, I realize the move is redundant - it's hanging in there for testing purposes while I sort this out). I can screenshot and upload any other settings/windows needed.



None.

May 30 2010, 9:27 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Have you removed the requirements of the spore crawler? It won't build if there's un-fulfilled requirements.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 30 2010, 9:36 am Sperate Post #3



Yes, requirements are none and cost is 0.

EDIT: I found the problem. I had removed minerals entirely, instead of keeping minerals and setting to 0. any idea why that breaks it?



None.

May 30 2010, 9:45 am Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Probably because not setting minerals sets it to NULL, and you will always have a different amount of minerals than NULL. 0 isn't equal to NULL in this case.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 30 2010, 10:04 am Sperate Post #5



Fair enough. Resolved...however, after applying the resolution, in the course of events I managed to break something completely unrelated (as far as I can tell)...I think we'll leave the bugfixing for after I get some sleep..



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City