Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: "Charging weapon" until you click a target
"Charging weapon" until you click a target
May 29 2010, 7:32 pm
By: Devourer  

May 29 2010, 7:32 pm Devourer Post #1

Hello

I'm in need of help once again :P
so, the question:
How can I make a weapon which is shotable -lets say- every second (cooldown=1sec) but when you do not immediately shot it charges. Like, every three seconds not attacking with the weapon adds, maybe 5, damage to the weapon's next shot. Also, a limit would be nice as well (maximal 25 damage or similiar).

Any way to do so?
Explanation with screenshots would be more than welcome :)



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 29 2010, 8:45 pm Temp Post #2



No screen shots right now but I do have an idea on how to do this. You have a periodic behaviour which uses an effect that applies another behaviour, this behaviour modifies the attack of the current unit by 5 and can stack to 5. Now you modify the marine weapon to cause a set effect, this set effect causes the marine damage effect and then a new effect that removes the add damage behaviour. You will also need a disable validator on the periodic behaviour that checks if the unit is attacking.

I attached a map that does this for you to look at to make up for screenshots.

Attachments:
WeaponCharge.SC2Map
Hits: 3 Size: 168.21kb



None.

May 29 2010, 8:59 pm Devourer Post #3

Hello

wow that looks pretty awesome and works just well :)
Err, is there a way to make a blue plasma ball (photon cannon attack) in front of the unit and make it bigger every time the damage increases? Quite new with the data editor, sorry :)



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 29 2010, 9:24 pm Temp Post #4



Not in the data editor alone without creating/modifying a model. With triggers it may be possible though I will have to look into it.



None.

May 30 2010, 12:23 am bobo Post #5



trying to make Samus eh lol =D



None.

May 30 2010, 1:27 am ImagoDeo Post #6



Quote from bobo
trying to make Samus eh lol =D

Exactly what I was thinking.

Have fun recreating Metroid, DeV.



None.

May 30 2010, 10:47 am Devourer Post #7

Hello

Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from bobo
trying to make Samus eh lol =D

Exactly what I was thinking.

Have fun recreating Metroid, DeV.
haha :D
Na, not going to make metroid. Going to make a map which is not based on any other game than sc2.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City