Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Tunneling Claw researched
Tunneling Claw researched
May 28 2010, 2:01 am
By: payne  

May 28 2010, 2:01 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I want my Roaches to be able to move while burrowed which implies that the talent "Tunneling Claw" is researched.
I removed ALL requirements I could find and tried many other stuff around, nothing seems to work.
What am I -again- missing? -.-



None.

May 28 2010, 2:11 am LooKe Post #2



set the burrowed roaches speed to 1.406 in the data editor.



None.

May 28 2010, 2:15 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Lol, it was indeed that easy.
Close topic, solved.



None.

May 28 2010, 2:16 am Temp Post #4



Quote
set the burrowed roaches speed to 1.406 in the data editor.

Not really an explanation on why the upgrade is not happening but that will work.



None.

May 28 2010, 2:20 am LooKe Post #5



I explained it to him in the chatroom, but I'll explain it here:

If you look at the tunneling claws upgrade in the data editor it looks like this:


As you can see, the upgrade adds 1.4062 to the speed of roach (burrowed). Then if you look at the roach (borrowed) speed you notice that it is 0, so the upgrade changes the speed of a burrowed roach from 0 to 1.4062. So if you just set the roach (burrowed) speed to 1.4062 it has the same effect.



None.

May 28 2010, 6:07 am payne Post #6

:payne:

I think he meant you didn't really teach me how to actually make the upgrade researched by default.



None.

Jun 10 2010, 4:54 pm payne Post #7

:payne:

Quote from payne
I think he meant you didn't really teach me how to actually make the upgrade researched by default.
I actually want to know how to make the upgrade researched instead of applying its effect independently on units.
Please help? :O



None.

Jun 10 2010, 10:57 pm Temp Post #8



Really you shouldn't be trying to make the upgrade researched anyway. Applying it yourself is the same thing.

As to why this does not work it is because you need to research an upgrade by using an ability, there are requirements on them yes but they still need to be researched.



None.

Jun 11 2010, 4:07 am payne Post #9

:payne:

So the only way to make an upgrade researched is either to have the player to literally research it in-game or to modify directly the stats of units to apply the effects of the upgrade itself?
There's not even a way to research it via triggers or something?



None.

Jun 11 2010, 4:15 am Temp Post #10



You can probably do it via triggers but I think you would need the unit that has the upgrade ability. Why would you not just set it in the data editor?



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet