Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Actions happening at the same time
[SOLVED] Actions happening at the same time
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
May 27 2010, 11:02 pm
By: payne  

May 27 2010, 11:02 pm payne Post #1

:payne:

In my map, if two players of the same team happens to click the same button at the same time, everything bugs out :(
I am talking of the "GO FIRST!" button that appears in the middle of the screen. It generates a random combo for all players of the team.
It should be pressed only once per match per team, there are two teams of 2 players.
Also, after a while, for some reasons, if the other team has not pressed the button it either bugs out or they get combos.
I'm not very good with triggers and I haven't made most of them (avgnerd made them).

I'd need someone to fix the issue, PLEASE :(

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Aug 10 2010, 4:34 am by payne.



None.

Aug 9 2010, 8:03 am Ghoustine Post #2



Hello payne,
You have wait times in the trigger that processes the button click. During this 1.5 seconds (0.5 + 1.0 seconds) any player who clicks the button after the previous player will experience the same actions run. I believe this is causing your errors. I realize that you need these wait times, so I propose adding a condition to those triggers that have wait times. You need to make sure they don't run after someone has already clicked them once.

Condition: Comparison -> Make sure those variables are set to default (or zero?) values.

If you still need more help, shoot me a PM.



None.

Aug 9 2010, 12:37 pm Devourer Post #3

Hello

Dude, if you want the trigger to run only once in the same time use this:
condition: action list of current trigger is empty == true

and if you want the entire trigger to fire only once at all, add the condition and this action at the end of the trigger: "disable current trigger". Hope that helps.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 10 2010, 4:33 am payne Post #4

:payne:

I guess this problem is solved. The solutions looks logical. :P
I unfortunately do not have access to the editor and I was actually mainly asking the question for my triggerer (since I do not make my own triggers :><:).

Tag this as solved! :)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet