Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Need condition "Unit has actor attached"
Need condition "Unit has actor attached"
May 25 2010, 1:42 pm
By: Devourer  

May 25 2010, 1:42 pm Devourer Post #1

Hello

Is there any condition saying something like "Unit has attached actor"?
E.g. a unit can only have 1 actor at the same time so I do only want to run the trigger when the unit doesn't have an actor attached, I know it can be done via a unit group named like "units got attached units" but that's a bit annoying as I would have to make many triggers as I'm having like 5-10 different attach-able units.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 25 2010, 1:57 pm 13Stallion Post #2



Actor -> Actor from unit: "Returns the actor for the specified unit. This will return the primary actor that is responsible for governing the behavior of a specific unit, chosen through the Unit parameter."



None.

May 25 2010, 1:59 pm Devourer Post #3

Hello

Quote from 13Stallion
Actor -> Actor from unit: "Returns the actor for the specified unit. This will return the primary actor that is responsible for governing the behavior of a specific unit, chosen through the Unit parameter."
... I wanted to find out the attached actor, not the primary one.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 25 2010, 2:15 pm 13Stallion Post #4



Quote from Devourer
Is there any condition saying something like "Unit has attached actor"?
E.g. a unit can only have 1 actor at the same time so I do only want to run the trigger when the unit doesn't have an actor attached, I know it can be done via a unit group named like "units got attached units" but that's a bit annoying as I would have to make many triggers as I'm having like 5-10 different attach-able units.

Then why not use this method? Add all the "attachable" units to 1 unit group so you can manipulate them easily.



None.

May 25 2010, 7:03 pm Devourer Post #5

Hello

.... someone else?



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 26 2010, 1:16 am ZeroAme Post #6



Not that I know of but assuming your attaching them via triggers you could use the same trigger to set a variable saying that its attached.



None.

May 26 2010, 1:55 am Centreri Post #7

Relatively ancient and inactive

Again, do it with dummy abilities or behaviors instead if you don't get people with smart ideas.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City