Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Building Blink?
Building Blink?
May 25 2010, 3:54 am
By: bobo  

May 25 2010, 3:54 am bobo Post #1



I gave a thor the ability to blink and it works perfectly fine, but wen i give a bunker the ability to blink it crashes SC right wen i click the button, any ideas why?



None.

May 25 2010, 4:33 am 13Stallion Post #2



I don't think its possible to do that, not like that anyways. You would have to make a unit with the model of the desired building and then give him blink or w/e. I just don't see how its possible for an actual building to blink.



None.

May 25 2010, 6:45 am Temp Post #3



Did you change anything else about blink or the bunker? When I give a bunker blink it works fine.



None.

May 25 2010, 7:27 pm Biophysicist Post #4



Quote from 13Stallion
I don't think its possible to do that, not like that anyways. You would have to make a unit with the model of the desired building and then give him blink or w/e. I just don't see how its possible for an actual building to blink.
Disregard that post. It's totally wrong. This has a building using Blink.



None.

May 25 2010, 8:55 pm Pr0nogo Post #5



Thanks TZ. Beat me to it.

Indeed, it is rather easy to make a building that has Blink. Just have the building in question modified so that it should be able to move on right-click. This means changing or adding a mover, adding the buttons for Move/Hold Position/Patrol, and the like. That's how I made the Warp God.




May 26 2010, 5:47 am bobo Post #6



yeah i saw that b4 i tried it, but yes temp i made a custom bunker and a custom blink. I tried giving the bunker a normal blink and it worked so it must have been the blink, funny thing is the only thing i really changed was its range and it worked fine wen i gave it to the thor but not the bunker?....lol maybe it got f'd up ill try it again, thanks for the help.

Pr0nogo i didnt really do anything which u just mentioned all i did was go to the Unit tab and under abilities added Blink, and added a button under command card and it worked.



None.

May 26 2010, 7:35 pm Pr0nogo Post #7



I tried editing range on my Blink as well and it crashed. You need to not edit range. Or it crashes. Lol.




May 26 2010, 8:08 pm Temp Post #8



Just tried editing the range on blink and giving it to a bunker, everything worked fine.



None.

May 27 2010, 6:42 am bobo Post #9



same i recreated the blink with max distance and it worked fine on my custom bunker, maybe some kind of glitch?

[Edit] Well i recreated the blink with success but i was playing with it more to see if i can re-produce the crash and i did, it seems if u change the Placement Range it crashes when u click to Blink, still kinda odd how it crashes only on buildings tho :\

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 27 2010, 7:27 am by bobo.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City