Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Smooth keyboard movement
Smooth keyboard movement
May 21 2010, 1:34 am
By: UnholyUrine  

May 21 2010, 1:34 am UnholyUrine Post #1



I've been looking at the map attached below for a while, but I'm quite confused...
I'm no programmer, and the person who have done the map is quite obvisouly one...

Can anyone here explain the principles behind the smooth baneline movements?
Just treat me as stupid as you want.
TY very much

~Unholy



None.

May 21 2010, 2:39 am Centreri Post #2

Relatively ancient and inactive

What in particular? He decreases speed in the direction last moved in over time if buttons aren't pressed, nothing magical. I use something similar in Mech Combat, only implement it differently. Just have speed decrease over time. <_<.



None.

May 21 2010, 3:31 am UnholyUrine Post #3



Quote
what in particular

everything.. D: ... but w/e i'll try to focus my question



None.

May 22 2010, 4:23 am Centreri Post #4

Relatively ancient and inactive

You're working with unit movement speed. When the user presses a button of WASD, the baneling's speed is set to x and it moves in that direction. When no buttons are pressed, a periodic function decreases movement speed until it hits 0. This might be using a more advanced system where it takes into account previous velocity (for example, you maintain your previous X-axis speed even if you're only pressing a Y-axis button) but all that takes is some simple math to recalculate where you're ordering the unit to go.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City