Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Custom Variables in Triggers-How?
Custom Variables in Triggers-How?
May 20 2010, 4:40 pm
By: Zenturen  

May 20 2010, 4:40 pm Zenturen Post #1



To gain an better understanding of Galaxy Editor I was using "The Hungry Baneling" map by Johnfloyd. When trying to make a similar speed increase map, I was trying to use custom variables.

I have no clue how to set the custom variables so they are accessible when creating triggers though...There are simply no variables to choose from even though I thought I set them. :dontgetit:

As requested...




Also, the only available tab which gives options to choose from is the function tab. I have also looked under game variants and game attributes to change variables, but I don't believe that is their intended use (also they don't work for me either).
I have no clue what you mean by a local variable.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on May 20 2010, 7:01 pm by Zenturen.



None.

May 20 2010, 4:55 pm 13Stallion Post #2



Can you post more specific information please, its hard to tell what the problem is..

-It might be because you specified a variable for a certain data type such as - integer, If you are using a function etc.. that doesn't use an integer, it just won't show up

-If you declared a local variable it will ONLY show up in the trigger that you declared it in.

-Try using the Action: Variable -> Set Variable and see if your variable shows up there

-Post more info/screenshots if you can.



None.

May 20 2010, 7:26 pm Zenturen Post #3



Oh wow, what a revelation....After trying this for hours I just figured out if the "Defines Default Value" box is checked, the variable does not show up. When not checked it does! :D

Thanks, I figured it out when trying to use set var trigger.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City