Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Missile Custom Target
Missile Custom Target
May 18 2010, 9:39 pm
By: payne  

May 18 2010, 9:39 pm payne Post #1

:payne:

I'd like to be able to make my Zealot (which has a ranged attack) to 'cast' (attack) portals on the ground/walls, and not let him target anything else than the environment itself (terrain).
Also, the Portals of course need to stay open.
I'll ask more questions if once you guys helped me on this, I cannot find solutions on my own.

Thanks in advance! <3



None.

May 18 2010, 10:23 pm Demented Shaman Post #2



Need more information. What is the type of the ability you're making?



None.

May 19 2010, 12:30 am payne Post #3

:payne:

For now, I'll make the spells castable as abilities, but eventually, I'll incorporate WASD movement and the cast of the portals will be done with left/right click of the mouse.
There are 2 portals. Lets call them 'A' and 'B'.
Whenever you enter 'A', you get teleported to 'B', and vice versa.
Also, you cannot have either 2 As or 2 Bs, the most recent Portal over-write the older one, which gets deleted.



None.

May 19 2010, 2:16 am Centreri Post #4

Relatively ancient and inactive

What else EXCEPT environment is there? It seems like target anything might work.

Also, it's easy to make it abilities, and have the left-click be portal one and right-click be portal two. Clicking those uses the ability. No weapon needed.



None.

May 19 2010, 4:38 pm payne Post #5

:payne:

Well, just think of Portal (the game), I want it to be as near to it as I it can be.
So, hum, water wouldn't be targetable, same for units, and I think that's it. XD
I know Cent, but I do not want to focus on making a WASD while working on Portals, so I'll leave them as buttons for nowé



None.

May 19 2010, 4:59 pm LooKe Post #6



Maybe have his ability build units (portals) instead of cast a spell. That way you can only build where no other units/buildings are. Do the build similar to the ravens turrets it can throw down.



None.

May 20 2010, 6:22 am payne Post #7

:payne:

But that wouldn't apply to wall, am I right?



None.

May 20 2010, 7:24 pm LooKe Post #8



There may be a way to set what it can be built on, but I haven't looked into it all that much.

I just tried pathing and couldn't get that to work.



None.

May 20 2010, 11:22 pm payne Post #9

:payne:

Well, I'm not sure I understand your solution, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to achieve it.
Any example map? :D



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City