Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Question about duplicating unit
Question about duplicating unit
May 16 2010, 8:30 pm
By: Xikura  

May 16 2010, 8:30 pm Xikura Post #1



Hello! I'm new to the SC2 editor, used both the SC1 and WC3 editor some but not that much...

I tried following this tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/user/OneTwoSC#p/c/144BCFFBCA1EABFB/0/SBQjnT_96hQ

But I'm instead trying to just create a duplicated Zergling. But whenever I duplicate him I have ALL fields unchecked. But the "Actor", "Models" and "Sound" is removed from the list like on this picture:

http://beagle.hihm.no/112232/wtf.jpg

And if I create the unit it isn't there.

Apparently I cant seem to duplicate a unit. Anyone have any idea why?



None.

May 16 2010, 9:24 pm Xikura Post #2



Well. I managed to duplicate it now. Apparently I had to make a copy of "Actor". Only now I'm struggeling with making the unit a hero with experience level and all that. I made the unit type to be "hero" but it didn't seem to change much.



None.

May 16 2010, 9:53 pm Demented Shaman Post #3



This tutorial has pretty much all the basics for creating heroes, abilities, and items. http://www.sc2mapster.com/api-docs/getting-started-with-galaxy-edit/complete-hero/

Basically for experience and leveling up, you'll need to create a veterancy ability and give it to the hero.



None.

May 16 2010, 10:03 pm Pr0nogo Post #4



As for heroes you also need to go into the 'Flags' portion on unit data and add the 'Hero' flag.

Then you should probably edit the behavior flags to have 'Heroic' in them, but that isn't necessary.

To make experience you need to add a new behavior called 'Hero Levels.' When you type that name in, hit 'Suggest' and choose Behavior Type 'Veterancy' from the drop-down menu.
Then go to the 'Veterancy Levels' entry, and...



Hit the add variable (+x) button to the side to add a level. Then, change up its experience and you have that part done.



It's SUPER SUPER SUPER important to do this, else I believe you'll end up having a hero that DOESN'T MOVE. Like me.
Edit the movement fields and such. Anything above 0.

Now go off and find your wanton hero.



Type in 'Behavior' on the unit side of the data window and edit the sole entry there. Hit the add variable (+x) button and punch in the Hero Levels behavior you set up.

Save and you should be good to go!

EDIT: Urr Urr, I figured someone would post before me. :hurr: :hurr: :hurr:




May 17 2010, 2:55 am Xikura Post #5



Sweet, thanks both of you!

I actually ended up following Pr0nogo's tutorial right now because it was short :P
Just to test if it works and it did! =)
But I will definitely try the other one tomorrow because I think I'll learn a lot from that tutorial and that site.

It seems like the SC2 editor is just so god damn powerful and can do soooo much. But then again complicated, so I'm probably going to be asking more questions later. Just now trying to make a simple map just to get the basics going.

Thanks for the help so far =)



None.

May 17 2010, 2:57 am Pr0nogo Post #6



You welcome. Glad to help.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City